All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Now here's a Gospel I can get behind:

The Gospel According To John

" 1 In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was THE pistol, and it was good. And behold the Lord said, "Thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it workith. For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain."

Ignoring the whole 'did he or didn't he die on the cross' contemplation, the other part of this never made any sense to me.

If all sins were forgiven, then surely nothing anybody has done since that date is a punishable or attributable sin. Why do believers need to commit acts of contrition to remit venial sins? Why would Catholics need to confess their sins and ask for forgiveness, if they are pre-forgiven as a core tenet of the faith?

As I say, this never made any sense to me, but then again I told my parents I was not going to church anymore, at the age of nine, after a disagreement about the resurrection and all God's children being equal.

Redemption comes of the Grace of God, but must be accepted in Faith. But this does not mean that all subsequent misdeeds are pre-forgiven; should one fall from Grace, then one must regret whatever actions or decisions led to this, and repent. This literally means to go back, to return - to the point before the error. Learn and move on.

The point of the original post, though, is one I share. I once told an old Pastor of mine that I chose not to wear a cross, as a symbol of Roman oppression and judicial murder; his response was that he also did not wear one, describing it as being "like wearing an electric chair around my neck".