ADC
RIP
1547241225154.png

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
49857724_10156954339793524_8909570585063849984_o.jpg

I am sure he has had it isolated, earthe'd and capacitance tested before he threw the water. Even so, as electricity in a wire tends to travel at 1/100th the speed of light, if he is quick he will be OK.
He is launching water from a bucket. There will be no continuity between him and the transformer at the time the water hits its target. He'll be fine. The transformer on the other hand....

Londo

LE
He is launching water from a bucket. There will be no continuity between him and the transformer at the time the water hits its target. He'll be fine. The transformer on the other hand....
Still wouldnt like to try it . So rather him than me :)

Last edited:
I certainly wouldn't try it. You have a live transformer and a bucket of (presumably) water. you don't think that electrickery can jump gaps? See "Lightning" and "Spark plugs" to start with.

I certainly wouldn't try it. You have a live transformer and a bucket of (presumably) water. you don't think that electrickery can jump gaps? See "Lightning" and "Spark plugs" to start with.
Of course a charge can traverse an airgap, but the tension required is enormous and requires an electrical/earth path on the other side of the gap. On that premise he is in more danger before he throws the water than after he has launched it, assuming of course that he is somehow earthed through the non-conducting wooden plank he is standing on.

Of course a charge can traverse an airgap, but the tension required is enormous and requires an electrical/earth path on the other side of the gap. On that premise he is in more danger before he throws the water than after he has launched it, assuming of course that he is somehow earthed through the non-conducting wooden plank he is standing on.
33,000 volts per cm in er, 'dry' air IIRC...

Latest Threads