All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
US Coast Guard trying out new shoulder-launched missile designed by their president,Mr Donald T Rump.
46319921_1554213201345801_1222210588495577088_n.jpg

Not as simple as it sounds unfortunately
I had no problem at all doing exactly that. You just need to fit the criteria for any one of a dozen or more visa categories. When I did it, it was about $600 for the application fee. It's probably closer to a grand now. You can grease the wheels with $10K or so to an immigration lawyer, but it's not strictly necessary.

My father was the British Airways Station Maintenance Manager at Anchorage in the 70's, he used to comment when a pilot didn't smell of alcohol because it was such an unusual occurrence!
WTF was BA doing in AK? Was that a stop for refueling?

Edit: Just found some answers.

- May 1969: ‘Polar Route’ London-Anchorage-Tokyo-Osaka was inaugurated by BOAC Boeing 707 aircraft.
- Anchorage used to be a regular fuel stop for London to Tokyo flights as the older 747s didn't have the range to Japan, when avoiding Soviet airspace
- Flights to Anchorage, Detroit, Pittsburgh and San Juan have been discontinued since 1989.

Another stand out here: didn't know they flew into the D.

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
German engineering eh
Few people know about Heinz von >Krumpel, original deisner of 'The Crumple 8sic) Zone'. His philosophy was, in a nutshell: What good to an insurance company is a vehicle that can withstand even the most extreme collisions with minimal damge...he went on to work with most car manufacturers to create instant money for all manner of deserving professions: lawyers, doctors, undertakers, scrap merchants, insurance
I want one!!! Nah, make that two, one for each nostril...

I had no problem at all doing exactly that. You just need to fit the criteria for any one of a dozen or more visa categories. When I did it, it was about $600 for the application fee. It's probably closer to a grand now. You can grease the wheels with $10K or so to an immigration lawyer, but it's not strictly necessary.
Yes but I am a self employed consultant who does not want to and is probably not suitable anyway, to take a job in one of those criteria. I would go over and set something up but last time I looked into it I would have to show an enormous amount of capital in the bank which in my line of work is not necessary.

I´m not saying that it´s impossible just that I am not a fit for their immigration system.

WTF was BA doing in AK? Was that a stop for refueling?

Edit: Just found some answers.

- May 1969: ‘Polar Route’ London-Anchorage-Tokyo-Osaka was inaugurated by BOAC Boeing 707 aircraft.
- Anchorage used to be a regular fuel stop for London to Tokyo flights as the older 747s didn't have the range to Japan, when avoiding Soviet airspace
- Flights to Anchorage, Detroit, Pittsburgh and San Juan have been discontinued since 1989.

Another stand out here: didn't know they flew into the D.
I didn't know the route had been discontinued. :confused:

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
In the mid 90s a Slovak mate was invited to go to the US by some septic mutual friends who had also been working in Slovakia...he was offered a pretty lowly job in the small brokerage firm where they were working. Can't have been all that difficult. He's still there now, and according to one of the yanks on the QT, making more money than most of his American colleagues...more power to you Brano mate!!!