All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

This is his own, personal vickers gun by the way. Next time you are thinking about criticising our American cousins just remember, that is the only civilised country in which you may own a fully functional vickers gun. God i wish I had one.
A friend in London writes, regarding the Vickers: "A special piece of kit...did tremendous work in all theatres of war in WW2 too. Built like a locomotive... " [my bold]

A friend in London writes, regarding the Vickers: "A special piece of kit...did tremendous work in all theatres of war in WW2 too. Built like a locomotive... " [my bold]
I mean, who could not love a gun that can shoot continuously for 5 days and produce hot water for brews at the same time? In the recent ¨they shall not grow old¨ doc, WW1 soldiers were saying that they used to get hot water form the guns for exactly that reason.

I mean, who could not love a gun that can shoot continuously for 5 days and produce hot water for brews at the same time? In the recent ¨they shall not grow old¨ doc, WW1 soldiers were saying that they used to get hot water form the guns for exactly that reason.
"The old story about letting rip with a few rounds of ammunition in order to make a brew is not true. The water in the jacket came out mixed with oil, asbestos from the gland packing and cordite fouling that would have produced a liquid even worse than Army tea. "

"The old story about letting rip with a few rounds of ammunition in order to make a brew is not true. The water in the jacket came out mixed with oil, asbestos from the gland packing and cordite fouling that would have produced a liquid even worse than Army tea. "
Tell it to the people who were actually there and told the story then, it´s in the program if you have not seen it yet.

Neither were most of today's commercial pilots....walking, ******* love it..trains, at a pinch buses, but when it comes to flying, sooner not these days, unless the pilot can prove more than 1000 hours fast jet or bomber.
Apparently military pilots make for bad commercial airline pilots. Not used to acting as a team player when in a crisis, according to the programme Air Crash Investigations at any rate.

I dont want to get into a debate about this but i watched the Peter Jackson documentary recently. It is narrated by using the recordings of soldier who served in the war and they were the ones who were saying that they did it. It is true that they may have been embellishing but it is also true that they did not always use piss and that most fo the time they used fresh water. Nobody really knew about asbestosis at the time and since they did not have the means to flick the kettle on or light a hexi block, if they wanted a brew they had few options.

I am inclined to believe the story that came straight from the horses mouth over the opinion of random people on quora.

I dont want to get into a debate about this but i watched the Peter Jackson documentary recently. It is narrated by using the recordings of soldier who served in the war and they were the ones who were saying that they did it. It is true that they may have been embellishing but it is also true that they did not always use piss and that most fo the time they used fresh water. Nobody really knew about asbestosis at the time and since they did not have the means to flick the kettle on or light a hexi block, if they wanted a brew they had few options.

I am inclined to believe the story that came straight from the horses mouth over the opinion of random people on quora.
Soldiers never lie.

Honest.

I bet you’re a big hit at parties, taking pontificating to the next level as you do.