All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Curious how the trees on the right of the photo's didn't grow an inch between 1914 and 18
And had branches sticking out in the same places. More likely a bn photo, followed by one of just the bn officers.

The CO's shadow is exactly the same in both pictures, so probably taken within a few minutes of each other.

Fake news, great-granddad stylie.

Curious how the trees on the right of the photo's didn't grow an inch between 1914 and 18
Or the car hasn't moved in 4 years or the shadows in the second picture don't match. Photoshop can be forgiven on this occasion as the message is clear.

I know I'm going to get ads on ARRSE, and I know that they are supposedly based on information skynet the internet gathers about me, but why the fukc did it show me this?

transsomething.jpg

And had branches sticking out in the same places. More likely a bn photo, followed by one of just the bn officers.

The CO's shadow is exactly the same in both pictures, so probably taken within a few minutes of each other.

Fake news, great-granddad stylie.
It is an exaggeration and falsely represented after all but the facts behind the bullshit are more poignant:

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
A few years ago i carried out some research into my great uncle who was killed in WW2. During that I stumbled across another RAF Sgt, with a very similar name, who suffered a fairly terrible fate: His name was John Barton and when I looked into his story I found a remarkable tale.

218 Sqn 1622233 Sgt. John BARTON. Navigator/Bombardier:
Airframe NG330 Callsign HA-M, flown by F/O. Robert H. Kench R.A.A.F
They took off at 11.15hrs on New Year’s Eve 1944, from Chedburgh on the crew’s first operation in a
new aircraft, to destroy the railway shunting yard at Vohwinkel near Wuppertal. It is believed that
the crew got lost and were off-loading their bombs when a stray bomb from another aircraft hit
them, causing them to crash by the town of Leichlingen.
The only survivor, Sergeant John Barton was passed on to the Wermacht, but firstly to Polizeimeister
(Police Constable) Karl Bertram who was ordered to take him to the mayor’s office in Leichlingen.
Instead, on the way, Karl Bertram shot him twice in the back and at his post war trial said that the
prisoner was trying to escape. When asked why he did not shoot the prisoner in the legs, Bertram
replied that it was difficult in the dark to be so accurate when a person was running away. Although
it was considered beyond credibility that a man who had just scrambled free from a crashed aircraft
would be in any fit state to attempt an escape Bertram was acquitted of the war crime charge.
John is buried in Rheinberg War Cemetery, Grave 11.D.18.

About 10 days ago I found out that a NATO RAF colleague was going to be in Rheinberg CWG yesterday for the memorial service and sent him this little tale. Today, he sent me a mail to tell me that he and his wife had searched out Sgt Barton's grave and paid their respects, him reading this account to her as they stood there. They were kind enough to take a picture of the gravestone for me. A very touching way to close the loop.

View attachment 361400

The original piece about my great uncle is here Linky
That, Sir, the whole story, is a monument to the difference between a coward, no matter what nationality and what war, and a hero. There will always be shifty, useless creatures everywhere and the good, though abused by them will, inevitably, prevail. Thank you so much for that post.

It is an exaggeration and falsely represented after all but the facts behind the bullshit are more poignant:

To be fair the text doesn't actually say that the second photo was taken in 1918, although it can be read that way. It is definitely photoshopped, but has been done to illustrate the real data.

Slightly behind the curve, but it made me laugh.
614929FF-9A04-4F94-A318-9B329EFAE840.jpeg