All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

A picture paints a thousand words:

(The description helps too)

Probably should go on the Vaz link, but I think more people will see it here and indicate their displeasure. View attachment 361332
I don't like Vaz but I'd like to know the full context of the photo before I start hurling bricks at his house.

For one, on close examination of that photo, not one single person is wearing a poppy.

It may/may not have been taken out of context, but I hate the cnut anyway, so don't really care.
Comments on the FB post indicate that the photo is not from the 2 minute silence and that he did stand for it.

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
Just as a kind of object lesson or FYI, I posted the following on my FB page a couple of days ago:

Incredible. Yesterday I was 'banned' from this shite of a site for 24 hours. Bad language? Extreme opinions? No : a picture that was circulating around the internet. In the 30s Hitler's photographer took a series of pics of him in various histrionic poses to help him better his stage performance. Somebody photoshopped one so that he was holding 2 coloured lightsticks. I posted it with the caption Remember Cabaret ! A few possibilities..FB has decided to make itself an arbiter of what is correct and what isn't, which is a very dangerous move...I should mention that I posted it at least a year ago....or someone out there reported it. If the second is true, all I can say is (a) if you can be offended by that you are a stupid cunt, and (b) if you feel so self-important as to report things on the fucking internet you are an Ubercunt.

Now you might think 'Fucking Ciggie, of all people complaining about being banned...' well, on FB ( and before Kirkz anybody starts on about what do you expect from crap like FB, I only use it because I have friends around the world, unbelievable though it may seem, and it really is the easiest way to keep in touch, though recently I've been having serious doubts )they at least tell you what you've done wrong, which certainly is not always the case here and I am left guessing, but that's not my point...at least here I am being judged by 'known' judges, against....hmmmm, well, largely well-defined standards and I accept that accordingly.

What I think is evident from the facebook ban is either someone outside my small ( about 96) cuircle of FB friends ( all of whom I actually know)has reported me, definitely the case as I know none of my friends would...a lesson in how lax FB security is...no matter how you try to limit access to only friends, all you have to do is join some FB group and that's compromised OR, FB, becoming the Great Arbiter and layer-down of The Law is graduallysifting through a list of PC dislikes...pics of Hitler being one presumably, never mind the context...if so I definitely intend to leave soon.

Just as a provocation, could anyone here with techie wizardry do one up of Uncle Joe Stalin with lightsticks for me to post ? I'm serious !

Attached is
XrP8XdT.jpg
my next post on FB

Just as a kind of object lesson or FYI, I posted the following on my FB page a couple of days ago:

Incredible. Yesterday I was 'banned' from this shite of a site for 24 hours. Bad language? Extreme opinions? No : a picture that was circulating around the internet. In the 30s Hitler's photographer took a series of pics of him in various histrionic poses to help him better his stage performance. Somebody photoshopped one so that he was holding 2 coloured lightsticks. I posted it with the caption Remember Cabaret ! A few possibilities..FB has decided to make itself an arbiter of what is correct and what isn't, which is a very dangerous move...I should mention that I posted it at least a year ago....or someone out there reported it. If the second is true, all I can say is (a) if you can be offended by that you are a stupid ****, and (b) if you feel so self-important as to report things on the ******* internet you are an Ubercunt.

Now you might think '******* Ciggie, of all people complaining about being banned...' well, on FB ( and before Kirkz anybody starts on about what do you expect from crap like FB, I only use it because I have friends around the world, unbelievable though it may seem, and it really is the easiest way to keep in touch, though recently I've been having serious doubts )they at least tell you what you've done wrong, which certainly is not always the case here and I am left guessing, but that's not my point...at least here I am being judged by 'known' judges, against....hmmmm, well, largely well-defined standards and I accept that accordingly.

What I think is evident from the facebook ban is either someone outside my small ( about 96) cuircle of FB friends ( all of whom I actually know)has reported me, definitely the case as I know none of my friends would...a lesson in how lax FB security is...no matter how you try to limit access to only friends, all you have to do is join some FB group and that's compromised OR, FB, becoming the Great Arbiter and layer-down of The Law is graduallysifting through a list of PC dislikes...pics of Hitler being one presumably, never mind the context...if so I definitely intend to leave soon.

Just as a provocation, could anyone here with techie wizardry do one up of Uncle Joe Stalin with lightsticks for me to post ? I'm serious !

Attached is View attachment 361364 my next post on FB

May not have been one of your FB 'friends'. May have been the Facebook image recognition algorithm that found 'forbidden' content and initiated a ban.

Post this and see what happens.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aYYeL2O_460svvp9.webm

MM

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
You asked for it:

Quasimodo was getting old and decided that bellringing was getting a little too strenuous, so he put an ad in the local paper for an apprentice. Next day he was having breakfast and there was a knock at the door...he opened it to find a bloke with no arms. 'I've come for the bellringer job' he says, very enthusiastic. Well, Quasi looked him up and down and said ' Far from it for me to be discriminatory and all, but how are you going to ring the bells if you don't have arms' I have a technique' said the armless man...take me to the bells' So up they went hundreds of steps up and up until they came to the loft with the bells in. The armless man aimed up on the biggest bell, charged at it and battered it with his head. DIIIINNNNGGGGGGGGGGG. For a few second he was reeling in circles and then he took aim again, but this time, dazed as he was, he missed the bell and tumbled straight over the parapet to the square below. SPLAT. Quasi raced down to the square to find a crowd of onlookers. As he pushed his way through someone asked 'Do you know this man?' to which quasi replied

No, but his face rings a bell....

There's more. ........the next day there's another knock at the door and there's another armless man there ' Don't tell me you've come for the bellringer job' says Quasi, to which the man replies 'That bloke who died yesterday was my brother. In his memory I'd like nothing more than to do the job he so wanted' 'Oh, and I suppose you've got a technique too?' ' Indeed, I'll show you, it's something of a family tradition' Replay previous days ongoings...Quasi takes his time down the steps now, but pushing through the crowd he is again asked if he knows the victim and replies

No, but he's a dead ringer for someone else......

As an apology, have a pic of some nice old bells in Kolin cathedral in Czech Rep.
25660_387927378395_6680998_n.jpg
25660_387928503395_3838054_n.jpg

Last edited:
A few years ago i carried out some research into my great uncle who was killed in WW2. During that I stumbled across another RAF Sgt, with a very similar name, who suffered a fairly terrible fate: His name was John Barton and when I looked into his story I found a remarkable tale.

218 Sqn 1622233 Sgt. John BARTON. Navigator/Bombardier:
Airframe NG330 Callsign HA-M, flown by F/O. Robert H. Kench R.A.A.F
They took off at 11.15hrs on New Year’s Eve 1944, from Chedburgh on the crew’s first operation in a
new aircraft, to destroy the railway shunting yard at Vohwinkel near Wuppertal. It is believed that
the crew got lost and were off-loading their bombs when a stray bomb from another aircraft hit
them, causing them to crash by the town of Leichlingen.
The only survivor, Sergeant John Barton was passed on to the Wermacht, but firstly to Polizeimeister
(Police Constable) Karl Bertram who was ordered to take him to the mayor’s office in Leichlingen.
Instead, on the way, Karl Bertram shot him twice in the back and at his post war trial said that the
prisoner was trying to escape. When asked why he did not shoot the prisoner in the legs, Bertram
replied that it was difficult in the dark to be so accurate when a person was running away. Although
it was considered beyond credibility that a man who had just scrambled free from a crashed aircraft
would be in any fit state to attempt an escape Bertram was acquitted of the war crime charge.
John is buried in Rheinberg War Cemetery, Grave 11.D.18.

About 10 days ago I found out that a NATO RAF colleague was going to be in Rheinberg CWG yesterday for the memorial service and sent him this little tale. Today, he sent me a mail to tell me that he and his wife had searched out Sgt Barton's grave and paid their respects, him reading this account to her as they stood there. They were kind enough to take a picture of the gravestone for me. A very touching way to close the loop.

20181112_john_barton_grave_rheinberg.jpg

The original piece about my great uncle is here Linky