All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Probably, but I'd like to see your working out just to be sure. it's worth half the marks you know.
A one-digit left-shift in binary is by definition a "multiply by two" operation. What working out were you expecting?

Anyway, I agree on the cake. An eleven. Times 2, making 22.

22 out of 10, apparently. No, that's just silly.

But the cake looked fantastic.

A one-digit left-shift in binary is by definition a "multiply by two" operation. What working out were you expecting?

Anyway, I agree on the cake. An eleven. Times 2, making 22.

22 out of 10, apparently. No, that's just silly.

But the cake looked fantastic.
Copying someones work is cheating.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
snowflakes- 1.jpg

and while we're at it, why do all the authors of those pieces (normally some harridan who's looking to play 'the victim card' for their own benefit) never complain that women are under-represented in the sewage operative field or <insert some grim, low paid unpleasant, dangerous traditionally male role here>?
You missed the campaign to allow women into the infantry?

Without trying to re-fight old battles I get your point, my rather simplistic view of things is that you pick the best person for the job, a six stone weakling male or female, is probably not the best person to weigh-down with a GPMG and 500 rounds of ball. Bert who spend all his days down the gym, looks like a tank, swears like a trooper (because he is) and has a tattoo with 'patience my Ass - I'm gonna kill something' probably shouldn't be the unit padre*

Another tale from my less than glorious service - around 1988 the girls had been complaining we got paid more than them, the so-called x-factor 1-1.5% IIRC, there were certain 'luxury' tours they couldn't go on, certain jobs they couldn't do. So the MoD caved, and rightly so in most cases......BUT, and when you deal with the MoD there's always a BUT - From then on the girls had to be armed, they had to stand-guard, had to do the shitty tours as well, all the 'girly' allowances vanished, the nicer, fluffier accommodation was done away with, the special 'ladies' admin support was disbanded and rolled into the mainstream. And there was much howling, whining and gnashing of teeth, be careful what you wish for etc. Eventually things calmed down, the WRAF coped and life carried on.

Bottom line - want the perks? Take the rough with the even rougher and never, never play 'the girly card'

* Yes, there are exceptions - play to the individual's strong-suit, not quotas