All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Don't let them near Midwife gender diversity stats, an aneurysm will occur
Why? There is absolutely no bar to a man training as either a nurse or midwife. As with other jobs that suffer minority shortages, you can't press-gang people into jobs. If there is a shortage of male nurses or male midwives, it is because men aren't applying for those posts.

'...I had to subdue him by punching him, which I did not take a great deal of pleasure in.”

Lying barstard...makes me proud to be a Sapper!
That bloody picture has been all over my facebook in the last week, mainly sent by my bootneck mates. Typical how some sad twat has doctored a story to create fake news.

There is another picture doing the rounds at the moment. Not that I have any issue with the sentiment. However does this look real to you?
The detail and definition of the chap in the foreground and the mud looks incredibly detailed. Is it photoshopped sharpening? Or a new image layered onto an old image from WW1?
531CA778-CE27-4CE0-A79F-46BDE8DEA386.jpeg

Last edited:
Why? There is absolutely no bar to a man training as either a nurse or midwife. As with other jobs that suffer minority shortages, you can't press-gang people into jobs. If there is a shortage of male nurses or male midwives, it is because men aren't applying for those posts.
Then you must take the same view when the next shock-horror report comes out that "women are underrepresented in the top jobs".......and while we're at it, why do all the authors of those pieces (normally some harridan who's looking to play 'the victim card' for their own benefit) never complain that women are under-represented in the sewage operative field or <insert some grim, low paid unpleasant, dangerous traditionally male role here>? Double standards?

That bloody picture has been all over my facebook in the last week, mainly sent by my bootneck mates. Typical how some sad twat has doctored a story to create fake news.

There is another picture doing the rounds at the moment. Not that I have any issue with the sentiment. However does this look real to you?
The detail and definition of the chap in the foreground and the mud looks incredibly detailed. Is it photoshopped sharpening? Or a new image layered onto an old image from WW1?
View attachment 358571
It looks like it could be a display in somewhere like the IWM?

Then you must take the same view when the next shock-horror report comes out that "women are underrepresented in the top jobs".......and while we're at it, why do all the authors of those pieces (normally some harridan who's looking to play 'the victim card' for their own benefit) never complain that women are under-represented in the sewage operative field or <insert some grim, low paid unpleasant, dangerous traditionally male role here>? Double standards?
Yes I do. I believe in "the best person for the job, gets the job".
I just wish that belief was universal.

Isn't that the point? You can't 'press-gang' yet there's still £million spent on 'getting women into engineering' and a well documented lack of women applying for jobs in construction, which again is probably having money thrown at it to 'address the balance'. Hhowever gender specific advertising targeting men for nursing or midwifery is a bit thin on the ground.

View attachment 358571

Good spot! The image is a detail from a fibreglass diorama called Man in the Mud by Peter Corlett which is in the collection of the Australian War Museum. The figure is rendered in 3d and the background is a photograph, so 2d which is why it looks odd, I think.

According to Wiki it was inspired by a photograph the artist saw of gassed Australians at a casualty clearing station in France during May 1918.

Possibly this for which the caption is 'Gassed Australian soldiers at a Casualty Clearing Station near Bois de l'Abbee, 27 May 1918'.

war-photos.jpg

Here's another angle of the diorama. Not sure how big it is.

Man_in_the_mud_August_2012.JPG

Last edited: