All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

ITV have the stats to show that are under-representing the BAME quota, therefore they can legally advertise the 'ethnic' to bump up their figures.

You'd be hard pushed to have a complaint upheld I guess

View attachment 358173

Diversity of UK television industry revealed
Fair comment, I'm not averse to having an 'ethnic balance', I'm not racist in the slightest and would also be complaining if it was 'whites only'. Emphasis could be made during the selection of successful candidates with regard to race, colour or creed, without the need to inflame people with what to my mind, is racism, pure and simple. We have enough problems without the need to make them worse.

Fair comment, I'm not averse to having an 'ethnic balance', I'm not racist in the slightest and would also be complaining if it was 'whites only'. Emphasis could be made during the selection of successful candidates with regard to race, colour or creed, without the need to inflame people with what to my mind, is racism, pure and simple. We have enough problems without the need to make them worse.
Which it's why it is recommended that you explain the reason, otherwise you'll leave yourself open to all and sundry dripping about it on the internet :wink:

1539953891577.png

Job fairness - avoiding discrimination when advertising a role

There are probably a lot of people (in employers' HR depts) that mis-interpret the Equality Act on this matter (and probably backed-up by legal advice). Good luck finding a lawyer to support you though.

In my reading of the Equality Act 2010 (Section 159) an employer can only restrict who may apply for a job if all 3 of the stated conditions are met.

People read 1, 2 and 3 and completely ignore 4.

159 Positive action: recruitment and promotion
(1)This section applies if a person (P) reasonably thinks that—

(a)persons who share a protected characteristic suffer a disadvantage connected to the characteristic, or

(b)participation in an activity by persons who share a protected characteristic is disproportionately low.

(2)Part 5 (work) does not prohibit P from taking action within subsection (3) with the aim of enabling or encouraging persons who share the protected characteristic to—

(a)overcome or minimise that disadvantage, or

(b)participate in that activity.

(3)That action is treating a person (A) more favourably in connection with recruitment or promotion than another person (B) because A has the protected characteristic but B does not.

(4)But subsection (2) applies only if—

(a)A is as qualified as B to be recruited or promoted,

(b)P does not have a policy of treating persons who share the protected characteristic more favourably in connection with recruitment or promotion than persons who do not share it, and

(c)taking the action in question is a proportionate means of achieving the aim referred to in subsection (2).
How can you know whether A is as qualified as B for the job if you do not allow B to even apply?

Looks like this chap 'll be late for the interview

Why is the dipshit sat on the parked bike wearing a skirt on a motorcycle?

ITV have the stats to show that are under-representing the BAME quota, therefore they can legally advertise the 'ethnic' to bump up their figures.

You'd be hard pushed to have a complaint upheld I guess

View attachment 358173

Diversity of UK television industry revealed
You wait until they discover what the proportion of nurses are in terms of gender, as compared to the UK average.

Something should be done about that, it is a disgrace so it is . . . .

:rolleyes:

That sounds about right for Air Force personnel.

BG Billy Mitchell.jpg

So by your reckoning if I moved to Scotland I would then be Scottish?
Nope, but if you family fled to Scotland, your mother was Scottish and you grew-up there and started your career...... just give up....... according to one valiant defender he holds dual Irish nationality because of his father.......though he wasn't born their either......

Meanwhile why not write to this website and tell them they're wrong? Come back when they've agreed and changed the site to suit you - if not, well......

Nope, but if you family fled to Scotland, your mother was Scottish and you grew-up there and started your career...... just give up....... according to one valiant defender he holds dual Irish nationality because of his father.......though he wasn't born their either......

Meanwhile why not write to this website and tell them they're wrong? Come back when they've agreed and changed the site to suit you - if not, well......
You've lost me, is Mel Aussie, Septic or Irish?

You tell me, Gibson was born in the US, raised in Australia and because of his Irish ancestry has an Irish passport....

One thing he isn't is Scottish, which was my original point