• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

in Idaho there are more gunshops than fuel stations
You really shouldn't take that as gospel. The actual saying is "In Idaho it is said there are more gun shops than gas stations".

Idaho is the centre of firearms and ammunition manufacturing in the United States.

It used to be States such as Connecticut and other Eastern States until the Democrats kicked them out or imposed impossible to keep rules on them. Those companies moved to Idaho and when they did it put an awful lot of people in the Eastern States that worked in the industry out of work, but hey it got rid of those nasty firearms manufacturers so I guess that makes it okay.

in Idaho there are more gunshops than fuel stations
an interesting perspective on white culture

Coastal liberal does his "I travelled to the unexplored hinterlands" routine. Finds that almost everyone was nice to him, returns to coastal enclave to relate the story to gentry liberals who largely live in exclusive gated communities and manages to imply that those people who were pleasant to him were all motivated by horrible motives anyway. Coastal gentry liberals go home to their gated communities smug in their newly re-affirmed self-righteousness.

Coastal liberal does his "I travelled to the unexplored hinterlands" routine. Finds that almost everyone was nice to him, returns to coastal enclave to relate the story to gentry liberals who largely live in exclusive gated communities and manages to imply that those people who were pleasant to him were all motivated by horrible motives anyway. Coastal gentry liberals go home to their gated communities smug in their newly re-affirmed self-righteousness.

Melanie Phillips wrote a similar article in today's Times. I don't often agree with her but she got it spot on.

As far as I'm aware people here in the United States are pretty much free to live where they want and how they want. If that's a form of racism then SWMBO and I are both racists as we live miles from anywhere and I honestly don't remember the last time I saw a person of colour.

If people want to live in a gated community that's none of my business.

As far as I'm aware people here in the United States are pretty much free to live where they want and how they want. If that's a form of racism then SWMBO and I are both racists as we live miles from anywhere and I honestly don't remember the last time I saw a person of colour.

If people want to live in a gated community that's none of my business.
Yep-more power to ‘em. But I’ve never seen a Ted talk about how gated communities reveal how a nation can have “racism without racists” or how such a community is also somehow “whiteopia”.

That could quite easily be a page from my 1983 high school yearbook.
The mentalist that I used to be married to had cut out all the pictures of her frenemies in her HS yearbook :? Even the ones that showed them in the band, choir, FFA, etc.

This made me laugh. There is no hope for me.

A Bilabials are consonants for which the flow of air is stopped or restricted by the two lips

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 9.36.07 AM.png

My wife hates heights....... one time on the Isle of Man, I persuaded her to climb the clockwise stone spiral up to the top of the Lady Isabella.

Time came to come down, she just froze, I realised she'd gone up with her face to the wall.

On the way down, all she could see was SPACE !

Had to lead the poor girl backwards all the way down.
Couldn't you do a Lord Vetenari solving the problem of the donkey up the minaret?

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I have read that the 1917 US draftees were IQ tested and the black average was 5% below the white. Disappointingly for those wanting to scream 'cultural bias', the Asian figure was 5% above.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer