All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

A long time ago in a thread far, far away, I tried to describe a cartoon I had somewhere, but couldn't find.
It was apt to the subject.
It isn't now, but I've found it, so whatever
The sneeze

An attack of the Soviet partisans, Leningrad region, 1942. I note the soldier in the foreground has a German MP-40 around his neck as he stops momentarily to take the MG-34 from the german KIA?

US soldiers prepare to advance along the Han River area Korea in their M4A3E8 Sherman tank during offensive launched by the 5th RCT against the Chinese forces in that area.

Wow! 2 Chinese Eyes.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
US soldiers prepare to advance along the Han River area Korea in their M4A3E8 Sherman tank during offensive launched by the 5th RCT against the Chinese forces in that area.

Were the RCT out there then as a fighting force? I thought they were only ever truckers and taxi-drivers.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
37260392_10155816817969397_6963267190938140672_n.jpg

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yep, true story, not made up smaltzy bollox to cheer up sh1theads in any way, shape or form.
Never heard of irony? Like coppery only heavier!

Last edited:
Maybe worth putting that in pictures that make you think because it certainly does.
Superb colouring of the original black and white photo.
There is some more info on the location:
View attachment 342618
Search for Missing Woman from 1946 Photograph of the Warsaw Ghetto
The following photo gives some idea of the size of the buildings:
In one flat I rented in Warszawa ( furnished) there was a brilliant book of b &w pics of Warszawa 1945 ( probably published in the 50s) taken by some bloke who had held onto a stock of film. The images of the Old Town were particularly interesting....it was rebuilt using amongst other things Canaletto pictures, so it looks pretty much pre WWII...to see the extent of the original devastation was quite eye-opening. I was very tempted to nick it - against my nature - sometimes wish I had as I suspect it is pretty rare now. I know the Ghetto..Muranow...today the flats they built on top of the remains are in very bad condition due to subsidence as they weren't too careful about grading down the rubble and the human remains. Attached self-taken pic of the ghetto area.
23440_383185218395_4270142_n.jpg