ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
knickers - 1.jpg

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm thinking "haggis" for some reason...
Maybe she's looking for some black pudding. I can think of one or two places she can put it!.

Engineers Squares tend to hold square, traditional try squares can easily go out of square. Tbh, it's not hard to resquare them.

@Joshua Slocum is right though, most chippies today buy hardpoint saws and don't sharpen. Figuring time saved is money saved, but you still need to factor in the time to get in tge van and go buy one. Resharpening saws is a doddle though, takes 10 minutes.

You need two saws though, a rip and a crosscut, rip is sharpened at 90 degrees to the plate, crosscuts around 60ish. Most hardpoints are crosscut hybrids so not really great for ripping.
It was a rhetorical question. I'm a toolmaker to trade and well aware of the use of many tools. ;-)

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It was a rhetorical question. I'm a toolmaker to trade and well aware of the use of many tools. ;-)
Oh, how much for offset rectangular nut with 28 x 5 trapezoidal thread? Fancy a new wagon vice

Led Zeppelin - Black Dog

Sound system.jpg

Also, "They are on our right, on our left, behind us and in front of us.. Those bastards won't get away this time... "

It's said for a brief time he had been under consideration for commandant of the Marine Corps but the idea was dropped because 'we're not sure the Corps could survive him.'

Battles/wars
Banana Wars
World War II
Korean War
Awards
Navy Cross (5)
Distinguished Service Cross
Silver Star
Legion of Merit (2),
"V" Device
Bronze Star,
"V" Device
Purple Heart
Air Medal (3)

Navy Cross X5! Geez. That took some doing. It's just one step short of the Medal of honor.

Last edited:
dia.jpg
dia.jpg