All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

That's brought back memories of my dad in his garden shed using something call a saw-set and some triangular shaped files to re-sharpen his saws, i guess that was before the word disposable was invented. Used to take him quite a while i recall.
Yep.
But once sharpened, they stayed sharp for a very long time, as opposed to the 'soft' steel used nowadays

Le Zing, a popular bar name in France. Oh, it's too complicated to tell you.
Anyway, here are a couple of lookers. (LOOKERS).

Picture entitled 'Sur Le Zing':

Sur  le zing.jpg

no way, thats like cast iron
I have a carpenter who works for me, seen him kill a few blades trimming it down, they use Elm floorboards on Oak joists round here
It was Elm joists I was working on, they'd been in situ for about a century.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That's brought back memories of my dad in his garden shed using something call a saw-set and some triangular shaped files to re-sharpen his saws, i guess that was before the word disposable was invented. Used to take him quite a while i recall.
That's the way I was taught by my Grandfather. I wouldn't have a hardpoint saw in the tool box. All of mine are made by Disston. I also own a few Japanese pull saws as I prefer the thinner kerf on them.
A saw set. Used for setting the angles on the teeth.
il_fullxfull.1001582301_kixo.jpg

Using a saw clamp and set

P176-1.jpg

Saw jointed, used instead of clamp
P175-3.jpg

That's the way I was taught by my Grandfather. I wouldn't have a hardpoint saw in the tool box. All of mine are made by Disston. I also own a few Japanese pull saws as I prefer the thinner kerf on them.
A saw set. Used for setting the angles on the teeth.
View attachment 339140

Using a saw clamp and set

View attachment 339141

Saw jointed, used instead of clamp
View attachment 339142
nice kit, but on a building site time is money, and I am a bit rough and only do first fix and repairs

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
no way, thats like cast iron
I have a carpenter who works for me, seen him kill a few blades trimming it down, they use Elm floorboards on Oak joists round here
Elm may be like cast iron but try this stuff. I was building a cabinet for a client and he wanted it built out of this because it "reminded him of Australia". One pass with a and and it was back to the sharpening stone!
Allocasuarina luehmannii

Allocasuarina luehmannii (buloke or bull-oak) is a species of ironwood tree native to Australia and its wood is among the hardest commercially available.
Allocasuarina luehmannii
Kingdom:PlantaeClade:AngiospermsClade:EudicotsClade:RosidsOrder:FagalesFamily:CasuarinaceaeGenus:AllocasuarinaSpecies:A. luehmanniiBinomial name Allocasuarina luehmannii
(Aiton) L. A. S. Johnson

Allocasuarina luehmannii foliage

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Elm may be like cast iron but try this stuff. I was building a cabinet for a client and he wanted it built out of this because it "reminded him of Australia". One pass with a and and it was back to the sharpening stone!
Allocasuarina luehmannii

Allocasuarina luehmannii (buloke or bull-oak) is a species of ironwood tree native to Australia and its wood is among the hardest commercially available.
Allocasuarina luehmannii
Kingdom:PlantaeClade:AngiospermsClade:EudicotsClade:RosidsOrder:FagalesFamily:CasuarinaceaeGenus:AllocasuarinaSpecies:A. luehmanniiBinomial name Allocasuarina luehmannii
(Aiton) L. A. S. Johnson

Allocasuarina luehmannii foliage
That's never a willow