All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

CH-46 shot down (some say accident) in Grenada, 27 Oct 1983.

I'm sure I saw a similar sort of picture of a UH-60A Blackhawk also lost at Grenada, that went into the sea bob-on nose first, taking out all the crew and passengers.

Last edited:
oddly, all of the professional chippies that work with me, and a few cabinet makers, use throwaway hardpoint saws, the keep sharp much longer, a fw still use old fashioned saws that are sent away for sharpening, but only for the really classy work
oh and most hardpoint saws have a square built into them and 34 degrees
That's brought back memories of my dad in his garden shed using something call a saw-set and some triangular shaped files to re-sharpen his saws, i guess that was before the word disposable was invented. Used to take him quite a while i recall.

That's brought back memories of my dad in his garden shed using something call a saw-set and some triangular shaped files to re-sharpen his saws, i guess that was before the word disposable was invented. Used to take him quite a while i recall.
I still have some saw sets, never used them, our cabinet makers used to send the hand saws away to a local company, I still send my chopsaw and circular saw blades to them for sharpening
usually I buy four handsaws at a time and date them as i put them to use, the older ones get used for the rough work, and the newest kept for the best cuts
I also cut some down to make floorboard saws, and keep a few old ones for the lopping things in the garden, although I rub plenty of candle wax on them

Last edited:
I still have some saw sets, never used them, our cabinet makers used to send the hand saws away to a local company, I still send my chopsaw and circular saw blades to them for sharpening
usually I but four handsaws at a time and date them as i put them to use, the older ones get used for the rough work, and the newest kept for the best cuts
I also cut some down to make floorboard saws, and keep a few old ones for the lopping things in the garden, although I rub plenty of candle wax on them
Grandad always set and sharpened his own saws, to the extent that he had saws for dealing with green branches through to seasoned timber off the beach. He also left a Tea chest full of planes he'd made himself, beech bodies and home made irons, to make all sorts of mouldings. Clever old guy, and v/grumpy.

The shame and confusion of the Guards.....

Guards get tangled up during the Garter Ceremony at Windsor | Daily Mail Online

The order to Advance should have been Left- Turn. Instead he gave it as Right-Turn.

The confusion that followed the incorrectly given order puts them to shame. The Guards taking part and the one commanding them.

Better if he barked out: "stand-Still!", then "As you Were!" Followed by a clear, "Left Turn!"

Instead they made a right hash of it.

The shame and confusion of the Guards.....

Guards get tangled up during the Garter Ceremony at Windsor | Daily Mail Online

The order to Advance should have been Left- Turn. Instead he gave it as Right-Turn.

The confusion that followed the incorrectly given order puts them to shame. The Guards taking part and the one commanding them.

Better if he barked out: "stand-Still!", then "As you Were!" Followed by a clear, "Left Turn!"

Instead they made a right hash of it.
That was painful to watch, presumably they could not hear him above the band

He's probably wearing one of these.........

some of the internal flight around borneo have pilots that look like this, on one flight I took, there were several stop overs at little dirt runways in the jungle and the pilot had to get out and go and get the passengers (leaving us all in the plane unattended - we could have nicked it) and after the 4th or 5th landing she collapsed on the runway while walking to the terminal shack.

We helped her into the shade and after 45 minutes she was flying again. Scary.