All in the name of the War on Terror!

Transformers shirt gets jet ban

AIRPORT guards stopped a man boarding a plane — for wearing a Transformers T-shirt showing a cartoon gun.

Brad Jayakody, 30, was shocked when he was told to change his top if he wanted to catch his flight from Heathrow’s Terminal 5.

IT consultant Brad — on a British Airways trip with four colleagues to Dusseldorf, Germany — asked to see the security chief.

He thought the boss would "see sense" — but he backed up the decision and threatened him with ARREST. Aussie-born Brad said: "My mate set off the alarms and was searched.

"But then the guy told me to stop and said ‘you cannot get on the plane because there is a gun on your T-shirt’."

The top has the Transformers film character Optimus Prime on the front.

Brad, of Bayswater, West London, added: "It’s a cartoon robot with a gun as an arm. What was I going to do, use the shirt to pretend I have a gun?

"I was flabbergasted. I thought the supervisor would come over and see sense, but he didn’t. After I changed he said if I changed back I would be arrested."

A spokesman for Heathrow operator BAA said: "If a T-shirt had a rude word or a bomb on it for example, a passenger may be asked to remove it.

"We are investigating what happened to see if it came under this category."

Last year Gatwick guards made a woman hand over a beef sandwich before boarding and last week a PhD student was stopped for wearing a gun-shaped charm necklace at an airport in Canada.
Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1234193.ece

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
bensonby said:
Transformers shirt gets jet ban

AIRPORT guards stopped a man boarding a plane — for wearing a Transformers T-shirt showing a cartoon gun.

Brad Jayakody, 30, was shocked when he was told to change his top if he wanted to catch his flight from Heathrow’s Terminal 5.

IT consultant Brad — on a British Airways trip with four colleagues to Dusseldorf, Germany — asked to see the security chief.

He thought the boss would "see sense" — but he backed up the decision and threatened him with ARREST. Aussie-born Brad said: "My mate set off the alarms and was searched.

"But then the guy told me to stop and said ‘you cannot get on the plane because there is a gun on your T-shirt’."

The top has the Transformers film character Optimus Prime on the front.

Brad, of Bayswater, West London, added: "It’s a cartoon robot with a gun as an arm. What was I going to do, use the shirt to pretend I have a gun?

"I was flabbergasted. I thought the supervisor would come over and see sense, but he didn’t. After I changed he said if I changed back I would be arrested."

A spokesman for Heathrow operator BAA said: "If a T-shirt had a rude word or a bomb on it for example, a passenger may be asked to remove it.

"We are investigating what happened to see if it came under this category."

Last year Gatwick guards made a woman hand over a beef sandwich before boarding and last week a PhD student was stopped for wearing a gun-shaped charm necklace at an airport in Canada.
Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1234193.ece
A BEEF sandwich? WTF? Did they think she was going to infect the crew and passengers with BSE? Or the human version?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
He deserves everything he got. Stupid twallek! What on earth was he thinking?

The amount of people I've seen getting strangled by, or killed with t-shirts with dodgy images on is too many to count. You've all seen it in films: terrorised hostage, taped up with t-shirt stuffed in the mouth to stifle the screams for help, water-torture being done with t-shirts because they haven't got any towels to hand, the list goes on!

If you wear an MDC t-shirt in Zimbabwe, it's a death sentence, or a Che Guavera t-shirt in the deep south of the USA - you'll be lynched quicker than it takes to say "Bale it yourself!"

It only takes one person to see that black and white, faded cartoon robot on the plane, and they could have an asthma attack and die - thousands of feet from medical attention.

I hope he's learned his lesson!

Interesting The film’s tagline was: "Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Beyond Your Wildest Imagination." perhaps its now BAAs new logo :D

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
bensonby said:
the thing is, it looks absolutely nothing like any firearm I've ever seen....
You're missing the point.

If it looks long, is held in the hand, has knobbly bits on it, then it COULD be a firearm and thus be cause for concern.

That is why coppers shoot blokes with chair legs you see.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Brad Jayakody, 30?
Grow up FFS it's for 5 year olds

Deserves everything he gets I'm suprised the security people didn't take his suspicious Mickey Mouse watch off him

Biped said:
bensonby said:

If it looks long, is held in the hand, has knobbly bits on it, then it COULD be a firearm and thus be cause for concern.

That is why coppers shoot blokes with chair legs you see.
I do hope they don't look down my trousers next time...

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Biped said:
bensonby said:

That is why coppers shoot blokes with chair legs you see.[/quote]

Why? Do they not have firearms?

Le_addeur_noir said:
Another attack of freedom of expression in Labour's Soviet Britain.

The totalirian state looms ever larger under the present communist government.
This was BAA not the government, although big business is in bed with the government anyway.

Technocratic_Turbine,

The BAA are directed on security matters by the Dept of Transport,the Secretary of State is,IIRC one Ruth Kelly,the daughter of an IRA(former)? member.I think it can be safely said thet la Kelly is one of the chosen Bliar Communist clones out to supress freedom under the guise of 'The global war on terrorism'.

Latest Threads