All in one printer trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Yokel, May 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious but...

The other day I tried to photocopy something with my HP psc 2175 all in one printer, but when I pressed the copy button it did nothing, I told me to "press Enter to align cartridges". I did, and it printed a test page. Then, guess what? I went through the same procedure several times.

I gave up, but powered up the PC to see if it would print and it did.

My first thought was to reinstall the printer, but since a) the was turned off when the problem first happened and b) the fault is a printer on it clearly won't do any good.

Any ideas?

PS When printing it has been making a grinding/craping sound....
  2. Chuck it in the bin and buy another make. I have been plagued by HP for about 6 years, I can`t wait for either/both the PC and printer/scanner to blow up, even if it takes the flat with them.....they are the devil incarnate loaded with devious software.. :evil:
  3. No suggestions or advice then?
  4. After you printed the test page, did you run it through the scanner to finish the alignment process?
  5. Turn Printer power off
    Have a cuppa
    Power it back up while holding down the cancel key and the right arrow key simultaneously

This hard resets the ROM

If it still won't work, dump it. They're ballache.
  6. I had good service from HP. Worked with their support but we could not solve the problem. They swapped the machine. Mine was about 18 months old and I got what looked like a new one. They even arranged all the delivery and collection hassle with DHL. Really, I know it is unorthodox but give support a go.
  7. Do you actually mean copy as in, press copy and it sucks it in and prints you a copy, or do you mean scan?

If it's just copy, then why not try scanning and printing. A ball ache probably, but it gets you around the immediate problem.
  8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

9. Once power OFF and ON the printer.

Press and hold the Setup, and then press Options (or Copy Options).

Gives message Copy / 100%

Press Start Color copy on All-in-One

Gives message 1 copy/100% is on LCD screen

Press copy from All-in-One front panel

Press Start Copy Color on the front panel of the printer.
  10. Thanks vegnomeat, that seems to have done the trick!
  11. It keeps saying "warming up" and pausing. Why?
  12. Note that many 'multifunction' scanner / copier / printers are in fact scanner / printers and therefore cannot copy without the PC being on. (Pressing copy scans and then prints via the PC)

Use the following links for help from HP

HP manual ----- search for warming up message
    With this error message see if it could be a power issue such as using a multiplug extension
  13. Wouldn't be Vista, would it?
  14. Nope. No Vista here!

Anyway, it seems to have got worse. Now the bastard thing keeps deciding to get a paper jam every time I try to print.

Any suugestions? Pulling my hair out as I've a couple of important things to print....
  15. HP all-in-ones are a pile of rancid poo. I had a similiar fault with a 2100-series, about two weeks after the warranty ran out. Regular swift smacks to the righthand side kept it working for a couple of months until it finally totally died. It was terrible scanner and printer even when it was working.

The Epson all-in-ones are heaps better with actually good quality scanning and printing for the price.