All I want for Xmas 2011

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by This Tribe, Nov 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This Tribe

This Tribe Sponsor

Well, they've put the Xmas lights on round here so I can start my list. Number 1 is this:

Supermarine Swift for restoration

Oh, can I have the cash to restore it as well please!
  2. OMG! It's going on my wish list, too!
  3. 250 large! Are they on glue?! You can get a slack handful of fully serviceable GR7's for that kinda wedge. Cheeky bastards!
  4. There used to be a Gannet parked up in someones garden near South Cerney I can remember seeing it taking some cast vechiles off to the old RAF base up the road for disposal around 98/99.
  5. Start by throwing a bucket of water over it you gopping twat! :)
  6. 250,000? Bloody hell, the price of a factory new one in the early fifties was likely not much more than that.
  7. OP,Is that the place near Brierley?
  8. It is still there then?

He also had another arcraft a few years ago a Hunter I think..
    Bit of a shock driving down a sleepy Shropshire lane to see a jet fighter parked up. Mind his Mil stock was quite shite then, who wants a R.Sigs box body FFS.
  9. Just outside Leominister
    • Like Like x 1
  10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

With Whole Fleet Management the way it is, the R Sigs would probably like one.
  11. Reminds me to kick my own arrse for being honest. Used to drive up to knock off a bird in Darlington, took a shot cut one day and passed a field in the middle of nowhere with 2 ½ Hunters parked up.
    I well remember stopping and walking over many a time , never thought about nicking bit off (like a canopy etc.

Could have made a mint.
    OH well
  12. On a farm out the back of RAF Lakenheath there were about 100 Stallys all parked up, I had a walk round to see if any of my old charges were there but couldn't find them. Was a tadge sad in a way.
  13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

A snip at £70,000

harrier 1.jpg

Or a bit of Belgrano history at £20,000

harrier 2.jpg

If I remember niether one has an engine, but a Landy 2.5TDI fits most things.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sod that, I want a Stally now
  15. What I want for Christmas is for it to start some time in bloody December for a change.

Looks like I'll continue to dip out on that one for the foreseeable. 'Commerce, the lifeblood of the nation', my arrse.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.