• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

All British soldiers to be out of Iraq in 12 months

All British soldiers to be out of Iraq in 12 months
By Sean Rayment, Defence Correspondent Telegraph
(Filed: 05/03/2006)

All British and United States troops serving in Iraq will be withdrawn within a year in an effort to bring peace and stability to the country.

The news came as defence chiefs admitted privately that the British troop commitment in Afghanistan may last for up to 10 years.

Iraq's national defence force will assume responsibility for security
The planned pull-out from Iraq follows the acceptance by London and Washington that the presence of the coalition, mainly composed of British and US troops, is now seen as the main obstacle to peace.

According to a senior defence source directly involved in planning the withdrawal, Britain is the driving force behind the scheme. The early spring of next year has been identified as the optimum time for the start of the complex and dangerous operation.

john

I hope that they are, I can not see where we can go forward in Iraq. The lads have done everything that was asked of them and more and we shouldn't risk them for a day more than neccesary.

Last man out turn out the lights
The whole region will degenerate into a bloodbath
Iran may get delusions of military adequacy(?) and try a land grab
The Kurds will try and declare a homeland in the north and any one else will try and grab what they can.
JOB well done TCB AND GWB, a country the population can be rightly proud of, IRAQ, where you can't wait for a bus,go shopping , and everyone is armed to the teeth.
Must be just like TEXAS.

Renovatio said:
jonwilly said:
All British and United States troops serving in Iraq will be withdrawn within a year
What terrible news :cry: i had no idea that the oil in Iraq was due to run out so soon :roll:
Don't worry.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...ml&sSheet=/portal/2006/03/05/ixportaltop.html

All British and United States troops serving in Iraq will be withdrawn within a year in an effort to bring peace and stability to the country.
A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence said there was no fixed date for a withdrawal of coalition forces from Iraq.
It means: after the start the withdrawal will consume 12 months. The withdrawal itself will take place likely in 2009-2010.

Yeah , yeah.... How many times have we heard that over the past 3 years ??? Tango34 is along the right lines in the fact it,ll probally take 12mths + to leave Iraq. But which 12mths it,ll be remains to be seen.

Regards LT

I BACK THE FLASH.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Darthspud said:
Iran may get delusions of military adequacy(?) and try a land grab
Must be just like TEXAS.
Iran has enough problems at home without launching a war of aggression - influence without boots on the ground might be something else.

...and I was in Texas in 2004...you ever been there ?.......nobody shot me or threatened to decapitate me because I'm not a Church goer ...and the Kosovan waiter in the breakfast lounge (delighted to meet anyone who had actually HEARD of Pristina) seemed REALLY PLEASED to be there....what you got against Texas then mate ?

(Anyplace that adopts the Armadillo as its state emblem can't be all bad....imagine how the folks in Austin feel about having that Yale and Harvard educated FAKE cowboy living down there!)

Le Chevre

<< J'ne suis pas né en Texas - mais j'arrivé en plein vitesse! >>