All Arms Unit Safety Advisors Course

Greetings fellow Arrsers,

It seems that i may be one of a cast of thousands selected to attend this course in the near future, i was wondering if anyone has attended this course recently and has any insights/opinions on the course. I have done a search and not much has been thrown up, is it a good course and does it have much relevance to NEBOSH etc?

Best regards,

Bohs.

Last edited:
It depends if you have any previous H & S knowledge. I'd done quite a lot of H & S (NEBOSH construction certificate, CSCS, site safety supervisor) before attending the unit H & S manager. Less the 4Cs stuff which I hadn't touched before, I found it very basic. I think you get the IOSH Managing Safely qualification out of the H & S Advisors course.

Cheers for the reply PL. Other than common sense in the workplace this would be my first course along this path, tbh the unit needs people trained up! I shall attend if selected with eyes wide open!

What doesn't help is that because there's a lot of legislation involved there's very little you can do to make it exciting.

Awesomo_2000

Old-Salt
You can go back and do the exam for the General Cert in IOSH from the British Safety Council (within 12 months of completing the course).

The civvie instructor (ex PTI) is a fcuking legend. Don't worry about this 'death by power point' stuff. He is a fantastic instructor, funny as fcuk and you WILL learn the subject. Just don't expect him to demo 'frolic of your own' more than once!

You go to an outside unit in the second week to conduct a SHEF audit.

One of the better courses i have attended in my 22. Mainly for the instr.

You can go back and do the exam for the General Cert in IOSH from the British Safety Council (within 12 months of completing the course).

The civvie instructor (ex PTI) is a fcuking legend. Don't worry about this 'death by power point' stuff. He is a fantastic instructor, funny as fcuk and you WILL learn the subject. Just don't expect him to demo 'frolic of your own' more than once!

You go to an outside unit in the second week to conduct a SHEF audit.

One of the better courses i have attended in my 22. Mainly for the instr.

I Second this,
I enjoyed this course when i did it and it is worth taking the level 3 BSC exam afterwards as most of the exam questions are on this course.

Latest Threads