All Arms skill At Arms (short) TA

Lumpy said:
As far as I remember, local BTT may be starting to offer this course shortly...I know 15 bde are discussing one in June/July this year.
Think you'll find this is a course being run at 15 Bde to get Phase 1 Instructors the Qual. Not 15 Bde running SAA Courses.

The old SAA Cse run at Aldershot included SAA, RMQ 1-3 and the Sub unit coaching cse. I thought this was bad until I did FFQ (4-5)

The regional training courses such as CMCQ and RMQ (1-3) are ran by regional training teams BUT are ajudicated by SASC officers. No-one will pass it if they deam the individual not to be up to scratch.

And it is SASC that write the course.

Devilish, drop me a PM about course dates, availability

PM sent

devilish said:
The regional training courses such as CMCQ and RMQ (1-3) are ran by regional training teams BUT are ajudicated by SASC officers. No-one will pass it if they deam the individual not to be up to scratch.

And it is SASC that write the course.
At 15 Bde, the SASC Officer does a lot of the trg.

PM Replied to.

devilish said:
Anyone got dates for this years courses? And is it still 2 weeks?
theres one starting next saturday so it will be a while for the next one

Just going through the JI's am I right in thinking you need CMCQ to take WHT's?? JI's only talk about "instructing on rifle/LSW",who teaches 9mm, GPMG, LMG??? back at the TA center? Also on the new course you don't get CMCQ?? so can you do WHT's?

schoolstaffinstructor said:
Just going through the JI's am I right in thinking you need CMCQ to take WHT's?? JI's only talk about "instructing on rifle/LSW",who teaches 9mm, GPMG, LMG??? back at the TA center? Also on the new course you don't get CMCQ?? so can you do WHT's?
To the best of my knowledge, SAA Instructor is above CMCQ and only SAA can conduct WHT. I have been told that this is/has changed but not seen anything in writing yet.
If anybody knows different please enlighten me.

CMCQ and RMQ are offered as seperate courses,usually by BSTT in your area.
Believe,again will check and get back to you,that TA SAA course doesn`t cover these.
But to reiterate, SAA is the higher qualification

To the best of my knowledge, SAA Instructor is above CMCQ and only SAA can conduct WHT. I have been told that this is/has changed but not seen anything in writing yet.
If anybody knows different please enlighten me.[/quote]

this has now changed the if you do a brigade course (CMCQ) you can take a WHT for A2/LSW only

the course number is ammended for your pampus to say so

watto

squigeypie said:
schoolstaffinstructor said:
Do they have TA SASC??
yes
Not sure were you get this from the only TA SASC is normally ex SASC Officers who then work for brigades

if you are on the AA SAA course you can not transfer into the SASC i have had numerous talks with them about this. during my SAA course i was up for top student (got piped by a signals Sgt Bird who was known to be shagging her instructor) but was told by instructor if was regular he would of sponsered me to be go forward for the SASC course - Very hard normally - end up i bleieve if he told me right prepping 7 lessons a night in the end on all weapon systems

so answer to your question only SASC i am aware of is EX Regulars if any body knows any difference please let me know

Watto

i had a cracking instructor funny as anything Jock Scotty M****

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 The Intelligence Cell 0
bibo_boy Army Reserve 42
S Army Reserve 9