All Arms Skill at Arms course and RMQ course

Hi guys,

I'm after what ever info i can get on the All Arms Skill at Arms course and RMQ course ran at IBS, has anyone done the course lately, is it difficult ?
Is it a reserve course or Reg/Res ?

cheers in advance

DB

I completed the SAA course some years ago,so I might be a bit out of date.
They will RTU blokes for fun so make sure your paperwork is in order.Lots to learn,long hours but worth it.
It was a mixed TA-regular course,the sections being roughly 50/50 split.
The staff really know their stuff,and will help if you're finding things a bit difficult.
Its always oversubscribed,if you get a place don't waste it.Put the effort in and enjoy it.

A cleverer person will be along in a moment no doubt but, in the meantime. I know of reservists who did it in the past so there is no reason it should not be available now.

If you are a reservist and need want to do a SAA course and cannot get onto the one at IBS then have a word at the cadet training centre in Frimley. The adult training staff for the cadets attend a 5 day SAA course there.

The cadet training one would probably also be a good primer if you can get on the IBS version.

The cadet training one would probably also be a good primer if you can get on the IBS version.
...but does only qualify to instruct Cadets and CFAVs and only on Cadet Weapons. An ex-regular mate who did it did not pass on favorable reviews - particularly of the resident CFAV (as opposed to seconded Army) instructors, the words fat, walting, useless and cnut may have been used.

Lads cheers for the info

these are the dates

18th -29th March=AA RMQ Course
31st March-12th of April-AA skill at ARMS Course
ran at Brecon
seem to be short courses, so im assuming they are for reserves

I've just started the AA RMQ at Brecon. Seems really laid back so far. I'll let you know what it's like in a fortnight's time!

Course all but finished now. It's been really good. You get three quals in total - SA(B) and SA(K) 18, and Basic DCCT User. We had to write three RASPS, one for a 25m Range, one for a Gallery Range and one for an ETR. Then we were assessed on our ability as RCO, IC Console and IC Butts. The most difficult bit was the Coaching test - make sure you do your homework! The DCCT test was a piece of cake, and the Pam 21 test is open book. However you have to pass that or you don't get your qual. Other than that the weather has been distinctly Welsh. Off out on the piss now, then home tomorrow.

Course all but finished now. It's been really good. You get three quals in total - SA(B) and SA(K) 18, and Basic DCCT User. We had to write three RASPS, one for a 25m Range, one for a Gallery Range and one for an ETR. Then we were assessed on our ability as RCO, IC Console and IC Butts. The most difficult bit was the Coaching test - make sure you do your homework! The DCCT test was a piece of cake, and the Pam 21 test is open book. However you have to pass that or you don't get your qual. Other than that the weather has been distinctly Welsh. Off out on the piss now, then home tomorrow.

BM,

Many thanks for the info, i will probably have more questions before the course, but i will PM you

regards DB

BM,

Many thanks for the info, i will probably have more questions before the course, but i will PM you

regards DB
No dramas mate. I forgot to add that the instructors are all really good guys. It's the same three blokes for each course. They're all on FTRS and run six RMQ and six SAA per year. Courses are loaded for 20 but someone always drops out, so even if you haven't got a confirmed place it's worth getting your paperwork back as soon as possible and travelling up on the off chance. If there's space they'll take you.

Hi guys,

I'm after what ever info i can get on the All Arms Skill at Arms course and RMQ course ran at IBS, has anyone done the course lately, is it difficult ?
Is it a reserve course or Reg/Res ?

cheers in advance

DB
Hi mate I done AA SAA in Jul 18. It’s a great course but it’s mind melting and the drop out rate on my course was very high.
There’s 1 day down time in the middle of the course but you still have lessons to prep.
It’s a hard course if your not to good at memorising a large amount of info out of the PAMs but well worth the trouble.
I’m also on AA RMQ in March so I’ll see you there maybe.

Hi, just want to know if anyone knows how long in advance you get your joining instructions for the saa course and when you actually find out if you on the course or not?

Cheers

Hi, just want to know if anyone knows how long in advance you get your joining instructions for the saa course and when you actually find out if you on the course or not?

Cheers
You should get your joining instructions around a week or two before, and you’ll know your on the course when you get them mate.
My advice is turn up anyway if you can as a lot of ppl don’t turn up so there is always places to fill.
Hope this helps.

I was under the impression that the course covered the SA (m) qual too? Or am I thinking of something different?

I was under the impression that the course covered the SA (m) qual too? Or am I thinking of something different?
No, only the B and K Qual. AARMQ (R) is purely for live firing on static ranges, you don't conduct any BE/BL, or at any time use blanks or pyro. Its a two week course so there just isnt time. Not certain which course you need to do for M Qual, I'll have to have a dig later.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RP578 The Training Wing 9
REMESpanker84 The Training Wing 17
M The Training Wing 7