All Arms P Company

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by contact_wait_out, Oct 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Expect a fair bit of stick for asking this but if you don't ask you don't get.

From what I have been told and understand the course itself is 3 1/2 weeks, with screening, beat up and test week. The screening I understand is PFT and CFT, heard the trinaisum in screening got sacked. Is beat up done with your unit or in Catterick?

Just generally would like a bit of advice on what the course auctually entails as what I have been told seems unreliable or outdated.

Much appreciated.

2. Thanks, bit better than the info I already had.

3. Another quickie, how many all arms courses a year are there?

4. Four a year I think.

What regiment are you in?

5. lol @ 4 a year, it's easily at least double that

6. Between Sep 10 and Dec 11 there will be 7 AAPPS Courses run by Pegasus Company, 6 in 2011. DIN201007-129 refers, available on ArmyNet if you've access.

According to the latest blurb from 23 Engineers on ArmyNet:

23 have Normandy Troop, who conduct regimental conditioning. From there you are sent to..

AAPP Conditioning course, run by 16AA Bde. 4 Weeks long, "very demanding but prepares you well for the course".

then into

AAPPS - at Catterick.

Pass in tests are as follows:

8 Mile March, in a squad, 35 lbs and water, in less than 1 hour 50 mins
    Trainasium Introduction
    1.5 mile run, less than 9 min 30.

7. There is more than 7 being ran in them dates

8. Sandy - they are the dates being provided by Catterick to the rest of the Army. If there are more being run, then they don't want anyone else to know about it....

9. Oops! I was thinking of AACC.

10. Thanks again, is there a specific training program with the joining instructions?

11. I would suggest the relevant Airborne Regt of your Corps/Service in 16AA Bde is the best place to start. ArmyNet did have some stuff, but it seems to have been removed from 23 Eng and 7 (Para) RHA's sites.

12. What is the upper age limit for P Coy?

13. Anyone know the dates for this in January? reason i ask is I am on leave atm

14. There isn't one, but if you are over 34 you won't get to takle part in the milling