• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

All arms course

Sounds like a mong question WAH but;

a) yes, Paras can do the AACC, you have to complete it to serve in 3 Commando brigade

b) yes, RM can do the para course

Sounds like a mong question WAH but;

a) yes, Paras can do the AACC, you have to complete it to serve in 3 Commando brigade

b) yes, RM can do the para course
Hardley deserving of such a mong answer.

You can serve in 3 CDO sans AACC, par example 1 Rifles... pretty much all of them.

RM do parachute training, but I've yet to meet one who's done P Coy.

To the OP what would a Para (I assume Regt) get out of the AACC?

Which all arms course ? There are a lot of them...Drill , Weapons . Para . Mountain and Expedition Leadership , Back Sack and Crack Waxing , Cake Decorating..............
The All Arms Storemans Course at Bordon/Pirbright for 5 weeks & The TA Version for 2 weeks at Bordon.
Both fine courses and only the best get on them!;-)

Or alternatively P Coy is a piece of piss.......

In case you took me seriously. No it's not a piece of piss. However Bootnecks and Para's will alway banter about how the other course is weak, for girls etc etc.

In Royal Marine training we were always advised by the training team that if we were binned or gave up, we could alway have a go at joining the Para's. I'm sure they did the same.

Also in the Corps we had a lovely little T-shirt that on the front had Para wings and the slogan 'God is a Para'.
On the back was the Globe and Laurel and the slogan ' Because he failed the Commando Course'

Those that have passed P coy, never get get narky about this of course....ever :)

Quite a number of my young VM's when I was in 16Bde went onto do All arms P Coy and All Arms Commando courses plus PTI courses (not sure if they passed the All Arms Storeman course though Fitpilot) Depending on what job your going in as though and Line managers time limits will vary....I wouldn't let my section go to do these extra courses until they had been at trade for a good year and get their class 2 so it didnt career fowl them but you can use that time well to prep for beat up.

Latest Threads