All Arms Commando

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Screw_The_Nut, Feb 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is more information about this bloody course than any other subject, unfortunatelly it's all out of date by about 5 years! :x

So whats the bloody score? How long is it, whats the conditioning at lympstone consist of? What are the passing out tests- have any of them changed?

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

It is not five years out of date:
    http://www.army.mod.uk/29cdoregtra/training/index.htm

30 miles is still 30 miles :?

3. Cheers for the vid, not sure where you are going with that though...

4. This is exactly what I mean, it says the AACC is 11 weeks, last time i spoke to someone about it (less than 2 months ago) they said it was 9 weeks! What the f@ck is going on?

5. Oh waht a shame i thought it was a different kind of commando!!

6. Now, call me silly and old fashioned, but whenever you need to find out about a course, do you not call the course administrator who can give you chapter and verse from the horses mouth?

Good luck on the course by the way

7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Ok. 4 weeks beat up & 7 weeks at Lymstone equals 11 weeks.

8. Will the commisioning course at sandhurst get you fit enough to do the Commando Course or would you need to do additional phys?

9. If you have applied for Course ( rather than just thinking about it) you will get Joining Instructions which will telll you all you need. If you are not serious about it then you prob already know enough !

10. The Sandhusrt course will not only get you fit enough it will alos bring your weapon handling, filedcraft and tactics up to the highest standards, just ask any SNCO how good the young stallions coming out of RMAS are and they will confirm this?

11. do p company instead its for winners!

12. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

There is a DIN with all the information you require. The same DIN you have to fill in to apply for the course. Speak to your G1.

13. [marq=LEFT]Instructions for the All Arms Commando Course: 2007DIN07-055[/marq]

[marq=RIGHT]Instructions for the All Arms Commando Course: 2007DIN07-055[/marq]