All Arms Commando Course

mrnufc115

Swinger
Alright gents,

How long after Phase 2 would you say you can ask to do AACC without being to necky?
I understand you'll still be a sprog but if you was set on All Arms do you just go for it as soon as? or get a bit of experience at a unit and then go for it?

Expecting a few waaaas, cheers.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
The obvious question which comes to mind is "if you're that keen to be a Commando, why in the Holy Name Of The Purple Velvet Elvis don't you just join a perfectly serviceable Corps which has that pretty much as its raison d'etre - Her Majesty's Corps of Royal Marines?".

Remember, you don't have to be gay to join the Marines, just willing to shop around the corner on an occasional basis.

mrnufc115

Swinger
The obvious question which comes to mind is "if you're that keen to be a Commando, why in the Holy Name Of The Purple Velvet Elvis don't you just join a perfectly serviceable Corps which has that pretty much as its raison d'etre - Her Majesty's Corps of Royal Marines?".

Remember, you don't have to be gay to join the Marines, just willing to shop around the corner on an occasional basis.
So I was at CTC for over a year but left after building up a few injuries, now going army but would still like to get my green lid.

Apparently, the corps is about to get 'un-shit' over the next couple of years.

I suppose it depends what you end up in and if having a dagger benefits or not.

mrnufc115

Swinger
Apparently, the corps is about to get 'un-shit' over the next couple of years.
Doubt it, this future commando force will waste too much of the little money they have, the foundation block has been deemed "inhabitable" and unsafe to live in, has no running water, one of the accommodation blocks has a huge hole in the roof, which has made the entire top floor mouldy and damp, absolute shit state down CTC.

That sounds like half the accommodation I've ever been stuck in.

Given the state of the nation and the impending Mother of all Recessions, I'd concentrate on simply getting back in and forget creature comforts, ceiling tiles and mouldy carpet. I'd join the Royal Corps of Toilet Seat Lickers if it meant a steady income. Forget the underwater knife fighting. Worry about that once the pay slips start coming in.

Alright gents,

How long after Phase 2 would you say you can ask to do AACC without being to necky?
I understand you'll still be a sprog but if you was set on All Arms do you just go for it as soon as? or get a bit of experience at a unit and then go for it?

Expecting a few waaaas, cheers.
If you are joining the Royal Artillery or Royal Engineers speak to your training staff on Phase 2. You can attempt the course straight from training. You do not need to go to another unit first.

RLC has some trained Commando spots in the Commando Logistics Regiment such as the Ordance Squadron and Petroleum Suppy. Some REME, but if your Corp or trade does not have any slotes supporting Commando Forces then it is doubtful that you will get a place on AACC.

There's a school of thought that going straight on to an arduous course from Phase 2 is better than not, as you'll still have the phys and a training head on, and not lapsed in to a Herfy-swilling, stag-dodging, whore monster.

cymraeg

War Hero
Don't one of the rifles units send their toms through the aacc?

mrnufc115

Swinger
If you are joining the Royal Artillery or Royal Engineers speak to your training staff on Phase 2. You can attempt the course straight from training. You do not need to go to another unit first.

RLC has some trained Commando spots in the Commando Logistics Regiment such as the Ordance Squadron and Petroleum Suppy. Some REME, but if your Corp or trade does not have any slotes supporting Commando Forces then it is doubtful that you will get a place on AACC.
I'm going REME Recy Mech and I'm 99% sure you can do all arms and p coy as my father did them both.

Cheers for the replies though everyone

From a first look at the CLR email list, there are no Recy Mech in that Regiment. A decent amount of VMs though.

Dr Death

War Hero
A year at RMCTC with out getting a green lid, where you in Hunter Company?
What was the injury as if it stopped you once it might do again?

Well get phase 1 training done as if you have had injuries before they might come back.
On phase 2 reccy mech training ask about AACC & P Company then, depends of manpower.

Latest Threads