All Arms Commando Course

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Scoots, Feb 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I guess the clue is probably in the name, but is the AACC open to anyone who wants to have a go regardless of trade? Also ho long is it and what does it consist of?

Cheers

S

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

As previously pointed out on countless threads, you can have a go at it if your job requires it.

The chances to just rock up for a bit of badge collecting are very few and far between.

3. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

You've just been politely asked to do one after people voiced their opinions about you.

I assume you need to be banned for this to happen?

4. Thanks for the response Wildcard, I saw that earlier and noticed it was only for Commando units of the TA.

I was just wondering how hard these courses are to come by now with cut backs..etc

Just curious at the moment, looking at all sorts of courses..etc I might be able to do in the future.

Regarding the badge collecting, no not interested in that, but am interested in making my time varied and challenging.

cheers

5. msr

msr LE

Short answer: no.

msr

6. Thanks for that. What about adventurous training courses like mountain leader and that sort of thing?

7. pm OldColt, he used to bang on about it all the time.

Although he has gone a bit quiet now, must be fizzing it all the time.

8. There's an outfit in wales that do all that, their called Pro Adventure, i went canyoning wivem, fookin great day out :D

9. 8O Watch out Boy Scout's :eek: another on his way :safe:

10. Just looked at the site, looks great. Might even give them a buzz - Although when I joined up I was told there were all sorts of courses to do to challenge yourself, adventure all that sort of thing. Not quite as accesible as the pitch led me to believe though it would seem.

11. I did my very best to avoid getting on one. Even tried a note from my mum etc!