all arms commando course

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by silver-shadow, Mar 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is it better to attempt the AACC at the start of your career(after chatham) or after gaining some experience at a regular unit for a couple of years first?

also is it fairly simple to volunteer for 24 from a regular regiment? like are they happy to let you go to do it?
  2. 1)Do it when you are likely to be most fit..make your own mind up on that one, but once you settle into a normal routine at your posting it will revolve mostly around getting on the p*ss and eating crap, so the clues are there.
    2)stop stop stop saying "like" at pointless times, you sound like fcuking Shaggy - like.
  3. I reckon after Chatham would be a good time to do it. That is depending on how you spend your time there. I spent most my time there on the lash, however a lad on my course spent most of his time attending training sessions ran by a qmsi, which was also attended by 59 sqn lads who were on course at 1 regt also. They gave a lot of good advice aswell on prepping kit and all that stuff, some of them had come fresh from the course having done it straight after phase 2. My mate went on to pass the AACC on his first attempt. Hope this helps.
  4. really, not many lads did that did they :?: :wink: :?: :wink:
  5. No not many at all, maybe one or two at the most :lol: