All Arm Courses

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by GwaarSoldier, May 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since alot of courses are deemed as 'All Arm' and anyone from any capbadge can take them, does it mean that TA fall under the same catagory?Reason i ask is that there are a couple of courses i want to do deemed 'All Arm' and i want to know if it's worth me asking to do them. getting the time off to do them isn't a problem. Anyone help :?:

2. Unless you actually need the course to fulfill the role of the LSN you are in then you will be an extremely low priority.

You may also find that your unit would rather pay you to go and do a useful course rather than a jolly you want to get yourself on.

but disregarding all of that, shy bairns get nowt, so you have nothing to lose by asking your boss.

What are the courses out of interest?

3. Speak to your SPSI and see what s/he can do.

The jolly courses also run half full due to drop outs along the way, and the people running them would rather have them filled with people who want to be there, than cancel them.

Something to consider if you have the time to spare are the Regular Army courses that are 3/4 weeks in length. Not sure of the restrictions on offering them to TA soldiers, but if you don't ask, you don't get.