All American Week — 82nd Airborne Division

Str8Bloke

War Hero
USSF jump with square 'chutes- which is why the soldier's identity has been obscured with the gimp mask....

Surely that's 4 Para recce on ex "a pie to far"

Trip_Wire

RIP
RIP
Virgil: I went through BAC in 1951 and on completion went to an Airborne Ranger training with a Ranger Company. I can remember a 'trooper who spit in the plf pit (sawdust filled.) The Cadre made him pick up his spit with his mouth and run around the compound until they let him stop and put him in the lean & rest until he collapsed!

Let's put it this way when in mid-85 I went to Airborne School on Ft Benning they'd just ended the ability of the cadre to physically hit you, shortly after my stint they stopped sending trainees to the 'pit' for punishment in the Georgia heat, in '87 the first female cadre was brought on, running shoes were substituted for combat boots during PT (probably a good thing) and so on.

Army airborne training is just a cattle call now, a shadow of what it once was during the Vietnam era.

Trip_Wire

RIP
RIP
Is that you St8Bloke? It sure looks like you!

BTW: That isn't a parachute, but then I guess you wouldn't know the difference....

USSF jump with square 'chutes- which is why the soldier's identity has been obscured with the gimp mask....

Str8Bloke

War Hero
Is that you St8Bloke? It sure looks like you!

BTW: That isn't a parachute, but then I guess you wouldn't know the difference....
And you were looking at the harness?

It always amazes me, when looking at the shear manpower available to the yanks war machine!

Though I do have to question the course standards when checking out the WRAC arrses on these 2.
But shurely, as an English gentleman, you shouldn't be looking 'down there'. Shape up, man.

Latest Threads