All aboard the outrage bus

Boy wins damages after being struck by a drawer

An 11-year-old boy has been awarded £1,800 damages after being injured while trying on shoes in a sportswear shop in Edinburgh.

The boy, who cannot be identified, was trying on trainers at a branch of JJB Sports in Edinburgh when he was struck by a drawer on a stock trolley.

He suffered a cut and his shirt was torn at Fort Kinnaird Park in March 2007, which has left him with a scar.

But they accepted the employee had failed to properly look out for customers and children and had not been given training on how to use the trolley.

In his evidence, the employee told the court he thought it had been safe to open the drawer as the boy had been three or four feet away but had jumped up and backwards on to the drawer.

The case was heard at Edinburgh Sheriff Court by Sheriff Frank Crowe, QC, who awarded £1,800 to the boy for his pain and suffering.
I hope they pay him in shitty overpriced chavwear.

Crow_Road said:
....and had not been given training on how to use the trolley.

In his evidence, the employee told the court he thought it had been safe to open the drawer as the boy had been three or four feet away but had jumped up and backwards on to the drawer.
My bold.

Firstly, what sort of 'training' do you need to use a trolley, and secondly..... he jumped back? Three or four feet? Trying on shoes? Prat deserves to get hurt.

The JJB shop manager should take a leaf from Gordon Brown's book and brief his staff like so..... "No child gets a cut from a trolley drawer..... on my watch".

Amputate his feet and shove the trolley up his aarrrrrssssseee

"His mother, from Musselburgh, sued the sportswear giant on his behalf."

What musselburgh like-? Is it a chav infested hellhole?

The mother originally wanted 6 grand!!!!

JJB should have just given the kid a set of shoes there and then. Had it dealt with.

Or the judge-sherrif or waht have you, should have told the 1 year kid to "man the fcuk up stop acting like a soft idiot".