All aboard millibands outrage bus!

http://www.theguardian.com/society/...d-apology-comment-disabled-people-mimimu-wage

Stupid underhand point scoring by labour and the tories folded like a pack of cards.

Cue faux outrage all round instead of just being frank and admitting some peoples productivity isn't worth the minimum wage and where this is through no fault of their own a mix of taxpayer money and wages below nmw are a better deal for all concerned than just leaving them on the dole forever.

It does seem to be the storm in a tea cup, lept on by the usual suspects ie: Guardianland, it seems it also happen two weeks ago so kept at the ready to deflect more Labour bad news.

'I was foolish to accept the premise of the question.'

What the hell does that mean, it doesn't even make sense even for a politician. Saying that, I think I'm going to use that one a lot now to cover up any **** up from mis-ordering stock to catastrophically euthanizing the children bringing Tibbles in for a 'bits off'. 'I'm sorry your honour however I was foolish to accept the premise of the question.'

I know a few 'disabled' lads in chairs who'll out work, out fight and out **** your average, 'able bodied' civvy, chav ****!
Exactly. And it's not just ex-forces. The majority of people with one or other disability can crack on and do in their chosen sphere without reference to the minimum wage let alone under it.

However there are some that can't, which is what the guy was talking about not all 'disabled' and we shouldn't just condemn them to life on the dole when it's a winner all round to make up their market value to the nmw rather thab leave them to rot.

If the tories had stuck to their guns they could have made milliband look a total cnut, as it is they've backed down instantly. Doesn't bode well for these amazing renegotiations with the EU that daves claiming he's going to do. If you can't outwit milliband peddling an out if context lie you really aren't going to be much of a negotiator.

Can someone wake up our resident expert on disability payments.

My local supermarket had a 'special' employee. Everywhere she went she had to have another member of staff accomopany her to 'help' i.e. do her work.
There are disabilities and there are disabilities. One of those really does leave the afflicted with less than sterling employment prospects.

That's how the game is played, next week it's the Tories turn to be outraged !

Ed Milliband certainly has some form of disability. I wonder if he's a high functioning autistic or something. He comes across as someone who can do advanced calculus in his head, but would struggle to understand why giving a shopkeeper a £50 note when buying a 20p Chomp is frowned upon.

My local supermarket had a 'special' employee. Everywhere she went she had to have another member of staff accomopany her to 'help' i.e. do her work.
There are disabilities and there are disabilities. One of those really does leave the afflicted with less than sterling employment prospects.
We have a couple at mine and a mate of mine is the gaffer. Ones on some sort of scheme (basically what the guy in question is trying to protect when universal credit comes in) where they pay buttons and the government tops it up and she's fairly fecking useless. The other has been there years and joined on a similar scheme but is now full time on the books. Productivity is a bit below par but he's super friendly and la la in a funny way and customers there love him. My mate reckons he'd lose major multiples of what they are paying him if they sacked him for not being as productive as the next guy because of the customer draw. So taxpayer subsidies can work to get people who would otherwise have had shit lives of dependance into a situation where they can earn their own coin.

Ed Milliband is a cock.

David Cameron is a cock.

This Lord Freud bloke goes beyond being a cock and is clearly a liability.

Now, I liked that video. Showed a wee bit of passion there. Cameron was clearly worked up ready to lose the plot. If Milliband had anything about him at all he'd have kept it going and sent the PM into a Hitler-like rage.

Ed Milliband certainly has some form of disability. I wonder if he's a high functioning autistic or something. He comes across as someone who can do advanced calculus in his head, but would struggle to understand why giving a shopkeeper a £50 note when buying a 20p Chomp is frowned upon.
That's outrageous! 20p for a Chomp!!!!

Let's have another look at those inflation figures, the economy has gone barmy!

Aunty Beeb have climbed aboard and are wheeling out some disabled talking heads.

It is a bit of serious gaff from a very experienced man who should know better and measure what he says in public before chopsing off.

"not worth the full wage" is a bit derisory, particularly given his job title.

I've heard the audio and he did try to back track a little bit afterwards by saying he'd have to consider the matter. It's interesting that we didn't hear the question either. Context is always important.

Aunty Beeb have climbed aboard and are wheeling out some disabled talking heads.
This was the top story on the main BBC 6 o'clock news. They're taking it so seriously they appear to have rushed out and hired some blonde "BBC disability correspondent" I've never seen or heard before who was interviewed from what appeared to be her front room.

Apparently it's a misunderstanding, employers just need to be heavily subsidized to take on the burden of less than optimal disabled people who are stubbornly clogging up the unemployment figures.

We've yet to get to the point where needy employers are gifted by a generous state with tax revenues to employ the dead but I can see it coming.

This was the top story on the main BBC 6 o'clock news. They're taking it so seriously they appear to have rushed out and hired some blonde "BBC disability correspondent" I've never seen or heard before who was interviewed from what appeared to be her front room.
She's been around for a while, I've seen her presenting a number of 'disability' articles. She's not particularly good as a presenter, but needs must when you have to pay them a full wage.

Apparently it's a misunderstanding, employers just need to be heavily subsidized to take on the burden of less than optimal disabled people who are stubbornly clogging up the unemployment figures.

We've yet to get to the point where needy employers are gifted by a generous state with tax revenues to employ the dead but I can see it coming.
As i mentioned above there are cases where these situations lead to parity employment for poor sods who without a leg up would have sod all chance of getting the dignity of employment. Even if its long term support its better than paying them to do **** all with the attendant issues that causes them.