ALIS points

Hi All,

I am looking to apply to become an officer in the Army but I am concerned about the required ALIS points.

Unfortunately I do not have the required 7 C or above GCSE's, I have 6 Cs in fact but I do however have a C in Maths, English and Science and have 420 UCAS points and will be starting a degree in September.

Is there any hope for me in becoming an officer or are they very strict on the 35 ALIS points?

Thanks

James

You mean "the rules/requirements say X, and I have Y - will they change the rules/requirement just for me?"

Why should they? Have you thought about re-taking some of the GCSE's? Have you, and I know this is a silly, some may say CRAZY, idea, but have you perchance phoned the recruiters & asked them?

Why not just finish your degree (you know you'll only regret not having finished it at a later date) then go in the Army?

So, in effect, the worst type of officer - the one that thinks he is something special, despite being below par
I would like to be an astronaut. I'm slightly short-sighted, a little thick and exceptionally hairy. Do you think NASA will let me in, as I'm about to begin building a 1:32 scale model of the shuttle?

Do the degree, get a couple of extra GCSEs or such while doing so too.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead

cpunk

LE
If you have 420 UCAS points and the requisite C's at GCSE in Maths and English plus a language or science, you should be fine.

If you have 420 UCAS points and the requisite C's at GCSE in Maths and English plus a language or science, you should be fine.
To all those writing the negative comments I'm not quite sure what I have done to deserve these comments, I wrote on here to ask because I thought there would be people who would help but quite clearly I have come to the wrong place for information, there was a question regarding whether I have been to a careers office, the answer is yes I have and they could not give me any information due to the person who was there being made redundant so they said come back in 6 months as there should be someone there by then.

My question was essentially even though I have the required UCAS points and will be entering a degree program in September I am still a point short for the required 35 ALIS points, will I still be rejected because of this shortfall or have I a chance due to the UCAS points, I am looking to enter onto the bursary program hence why I am a bit worried.

Thank you cpunk that was all I was looking for.

Incidentally, two sets of ROPs have been handed out as a result of snarky responses in this thread. Read the rules.
Is that special shout out to your posse so they know how great you are?

Hello Lion-Heart1 this is Old Rat.

IF, and given your unpromising start here there's some doubt, you've the determination required, you'll find time during three years at uni between fornication and pissing the last of your grant up the wall, to do another GCSE by post. Check IGCSE.

Old Rat
Out

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi All,

I am looking to apply to become an officer in the Army but I am concerned about the required ALIS points.

Unfortunately I do not have the required 7 C or above GCSE's, I have 6 Cs in fact but I do however have a C in Maths, English and Science and have 420 UCAS points and will be starting a degree in September.

Is there any hope for me in becoming an officer or are they very strict on the 35 ALIS points?

Thanks

James
It is not 7 C's at GCSE it is 35 points from your top 7 results, but you must have C's in Maths, English and Science'Foreign Language. Therefore if you managed a B in one of your exams you can have a D in another as long as it isn't the ones I have mentioned.

A degree will replace the requirement for the UCAS points but there is no substitute for the ALIS ones. As others have said, take another GCSE if possible whilst you finish the degree.

I would have pm'd you - excpept it's still impossible to pm anyone whilst on RoP's. Does writing this here count as crayoning as well?

Neither is it possible to get onto the part of the forum that explains RoP's, points etc and what the limnitations are whilst on RoP's.

So, the choice is be an anonymous lurker, or set up a sock puppet account.

Like I say, I'd *love* to put this in a PM, really I would, except PM's are impossible whilst on RoP's