ALIS points

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by lion_heart1, Apr 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I am looking to apply to become an officer in the Army but I am concerned about the required ALIS points.

Unfortunately I do not have the required 7 C or above GCSE's, I have 6 Cs in fact but I do however have a C in Maths, English and Science and have 420 UCAS points and will be starting a degree in September.

Is there any hope for me in becoming an officer or are they very strict on the 35 ALIS points?

Thanks

James

2. You mean "the rules/requirements say X, and I have Y - will they change the rules/requirement just for me?"

3. Yes that exactly

4. How blue is your blood?

5. Other than grit and determination none at all :L

6. Why should they? Have you thought about re-taking some of the GCSE's? Have you, and I know this is a silly, some may say CRAZY, idea, but have you perchance phoned the recruiters & asked them?

7. Why not just finish your degree (you know you'll only regret not having finished it at a later date) then go in the Army?

8. So, in effect, the worst type of officer - the one that thinks he is something special, despite being below par

• Like Like x 1
  9. I would like to be an astronaut. I'm slightly short-sighted, a little thick and exceptionally hairy. Do you think NASA will let me in, as I'm about to begin building a 1:32 scale model of the shuttle?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Do the degree, get a couple of extra GCSEs or such while doing so too.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead

11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

If you have 420 UCAS points and the requisite C's at GCSE in Maths and English plus a language or science, you should be fine.

12. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Incidentally, two sets of ROPs have been handed out as a result of snarky responses in this thread. Read the rules.

13. Follow your dreams, there’s always a chance!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. To all those writing the negative comments I'm not quite sure what I have done to deserve these comments, I wrote on here to ask because I thought there would be people who would help but quite clearly I have come to the wrong place for information, there was a question regarding whether I have been to a careers office, the answer is yes I have and they could not give me any information due to the person who was there being made redundant so they said come back in 6 months as there should be someone there by then.

My question was essentially even though I have the required UCAS points and will be entering a degree program in September I am still a point short for the required 35 ALIS points, will I still be rejected because of this shortfall or have I a chance due to the UCAS points, I am looking to enter onto the bursary program hence why I am a bit worried.

Thank you cpunk that was all I was looking for.

15. Is that special shout out to your posse so they know how great you are?