Alienware Amplifier... worth the £££?

I've got an Alienware R4 myself, does anyone have any direct experiance using the external Graphics Amplifier?

Current config is as follows
Core i7 8750
256 SSD as boot drive
1 TB storage
16gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce 1070

Obviously the perks are I can get keep it futureproof for a while and use the latest beasty cards when I feel its getting outdated.

Anything I should now like performance issued however?

I've got an Alienware R4 myself, does anyone have any direct experiance using the external Graphics Amplifier?

Current config is as follows
Core i7 8750
256 SSD as boot drive
1 TB storage
16gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce 1070

Obviously the perks are I can get keep it futureproof for a while and use the latest beasty cards when I feel its getting outdated.

Anything I should now like performance issued however?
79f2960016e1e411d07e02f6caf3011b.jpg

It's a good way of extending the laptops life, just do your research of whether a graphics card will have problems with it, some will literally be too big to fit in the case

And then there is the power draw on it's PSU which although the PSU is lower rated than you expect can take more than the equivalent desk top one as it's all it's doing is powering the GPU, so it really is just the min power required for the actual card you will put it in it which in away simplifies the problem

Might as well get one second hand, as people often upgrade and just want rid of them, so sometimes bargains can be found