Aliens Vs Predator

Fallschirmjager said:
It's a game. People who play video games are completely gay. As I keep reminding my sons.
Keep telling yourself that, your mincing contaminated seed couldn't be the reason your sons like a bit of arseruffage :D
Maybe you want to blame the TV for those thoughts you had in the gym showers?

Taking into account it's prerelease code, and only directx9 (directx 11 in full version) and matchmaking for the demo (matchmaking is shite, takes an age to find a lobby, join this steam group to find people to play with - dedicated servers etc for full release though) and all the other little bits, it's actually pretty good.

P.S can preorder full game for PC from play.com for £18, fecking bargain.

I've tried the demo on the xbox.

Can't say I'm impressed with it at the moment - although maybe it's just the death match mode that I don't like.

Maybe if there was a mode that had teams of races - i.e. team of aliens vs a team of marines, with a lone predator, it would be much better. Basically, I think I was expecting something that played in the same vein as Left4Dead.

Shame, as I was looking forward to this :-(

Edit:

Just had a quick search - sounds like there are other game modes, closer to what I was expecting. So maybe not time to write this off yet :)

amazing__lobster said:
I've tried the demo on the xbox.

Can't say I'm impressed with it at the moment - although maybe it's just the death match mode that I don't like.

Maybe if there was a mode that had teams of races - i.e. team of aliens vs a team of marines, with a lone predator, it would be much better. Basically, I think I was expecting something that played in the same vein as Left4Dead.

Shame, as I was looking forward to this :-(

Edit:

Just had a quick search - sounds like there are other game modes, closer to what I was expecting. So maybe not time to write this off yet :)
Aye, the deathmatch is a bit samey. Got some lush modes lined up though. Personally looking forward to that survivor mode myself.

The deathmatch hasn't impressed, if I'm honest.

Considering the Alien's are a solely melee based PC, they're bloody cack at it.

Also, WHAT is with that insta-kill-from-behind attack? Whilst doing it, you lose your entire screen and can't move, instantly form a 'loltrain' of insta-kill-from-behind-attacks.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
D-Runner said:
The movie was a lot off shite the original Predator, Alien films were so much better.
phew - it's a good thing we're talking about the game then, and we're in the gaming forum.

you had me worried for a second then. 8O

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
GrizzlyPanda said:
D-Runner said:
The movie was a lot off shite the original Predator, Alien films were so much better.
With every post you make I'm getting a correlating desire to beat your face in with a dead porcupine 8O
Stop dribbling everywhere
thats a bit uncalled for GP.

what has the poor porcupine ever done to you?? :?

Z

Zarathustra

Got the game yesterday and it's good, not as good as the original pc version in my opinion though

Latest Threads