Aliens Vs Predator

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by GrizzlyPanda, Jan 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ooooo yes, this is going to be something special.
    Kill Trailer
    Multiplayer is going to be a paranoid fuckfest of epic proportions.

2. Cant wait like lol Im guessing that you can go a preditor or and alien in first person :D !

3. Or a bald, space marine.

4. It's a game. People who play video games are completely gay. As I keep reminding my sons.

5. Keep telling yourself that, your mincing contaminated seed couldn't be the reason your sons like a bit of arseruffage :D
    Maybe you want to blame the TV for those thoughts you had in the gym showers?

6. Teh demo is now up on Steam for Aliens vs Predator.
    Have a crack :D

7. the demo is now on ps3 :D downloading it aswell as bad company 2

8. Taking into account it's prerelease code, and only directx9 (directx 11 in full version) and matchmaking for the demo (matchmaking is shite, takes an age to find a lobby, join this steam group to find people to play with - dedicated servers etc for full release though) and all the other little bits, it's actually pretty good.

P.S can preorder full game for PC from play.com for £18, fecking bargain.

9. I've tried the demo on the xbox.

Can't say I'm impressed with it at the moment - although maybe it's just the death match mode that I don't like.

Maybe if there was a mode that had teams of races - i.e. team of aliens vs a team of marines, with a lone predator, it would be much better. Basically, I think I was expecting something that played in the same vein as Left4Dead.

Shame, as I was looking forward to this :-(

Edit:

Just had a quick search - sounds like there are other game modes, closer to what I was expecting. So maybe not time to write this off yet :)

10. Aye, the deathmatch is a bit samey. Got some lush modes lined up though. Personally looking forward to that survivor mode myself.

11. The deathmatch hasn't impressed, if I'm honest.

Considering the Alien's are a solely melee based PC, they're bloody cack at it.

Also, WHAT is with that insta-kill-from-behind attack? Whilst doing it, you lose your entire screen and can't move, instantly form a 'loltrain' of insta-kill-from-behind-attacks.

12. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

just ordered this on PC from Amazon... who's up for a spot of co-op play when it turns up next week?

13. Preordered mine through play.com, so it should turn up tomorrow since it wasn't here today.