Aliens : Colonial Marines demo footage

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by maguire, Oct 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  2. How long has it been? Four years?

I'm looking forward to it, I hope it'll be epic.

3. That looks terrible.They have a lot to do to make it fit for release.it looks almost as bad as Space Marine.

4. I reckon Gearbox will pull this out of the bag, they have previous for making epic and beautiful games.

5. Iv had this game on pre order with Amazon for over 2 years if it does end up coming out next spring. It really had better be worth it.

6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

the last Sega one was very atmospheric...just a shame the multiplayer sucked.

7. Also 4 years isn't that long. Duke Nukem Forever began development in 1996 and was released in 2011

• Like Like x 1
  8. so long as they cleanup the imaging so its not all expending ammo into a smoke screen it could be really cool

9. And it was still pretty shit! :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. they didnt upgrade the crappy game engine from the old sega one and the boxy art that would of looked great on a crt screen just looked **** on a hd flatscreen.

as for this game the danger is that they will rush it to market, optimised for ps3 ported to xbox, wii and pc, which will make it prone to jumpy framerate on anything but ps3, and apt to have shitty texture draw.

if thye take the time and optimise the finished product for each platform then those sommon problems can be avoided, hell if they make it so its pc first and then ported to the platform(s) and tweaked for optimisation it will have potential to be a killer game graphically and then it will be storyline that matters.

personally i think the alpha demo would of been a lot better if the guy playing it had at least gotten some hours of practice in first :p