Alexander Blackman BBC Interview

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Didn't they get stopped because they were seen as the ArRSe equivalent of a VC, and the mongs on here would be acting the cúnt on purpose just to get one?
Sounds about right.

How about "Insufferable Bellend" Mudguards instead?

Bodenplatte

Old-Salt
Really; prior to my arrival, it was largely ill informed broadcasting of 'murder cnut' postings..... Anyone who has any objectivity and read the full appeal papers, would find it most illuminating. Two things stood out for me: 1. Sleep Deprivation and 10 hour patrolling in an undermanned post.. 2. The failure of the original court martial to present any proper psyche report, except for a Dr Orr providing a basic summary.
It was up to the defence to bring forward a sensible defence and get a diminished responsibility/manslaughter verdict at the initial trial. Who was his brief ?

Really; prior to my arrival, it was largely ill informed broadcasting of 'murder cnut' postings..... Anyone who has any objectivity and read the full appeal papers, would find it most illuminating. Two things stood out for me: 1. Sleep Deprivation and 10 hour patrolling in an undermanned post.. 2. The failure of the original court martial to present any proper psyche report, except for a Dr Orr providing a basic summary.
You are hilarious.

Also, didn't you flounce already?

Listen Fella. I've read the court papers. He is absolutely bang to rights.

You can't seem to understand the difference between mitigation and proof. Just because there MAY be mitigating factors (IMO, they have been overstated) doesn't change the FACT that he murdered someone in law.

You can't seem to understand the difference between mitigation and proof. Just because there MAY be mitigating factors (IMO, they have been overstated) doesn't change the FACT that he murdered someone in law.
Yes, you reflect the usual attitude for the court martials process.

Bodenplatte

Old-Salt

In the circs, and according to English law, manslaughter is the right verdict.

In the circs, and according to English law, manslaughter is the right verdict.
It is and given this week is mental awareness week, I find it most amusing how few people really accept the modern world. I am still waiting for someone to suggest that blackman was a LMF and ignore his exemplary service.

I heard he can drink 50 pints, run a sub 7 min BFT and fit a hundred 50p pieces in his foreskin.
At the same time.

I also heard he roundhouse-kicked Chuck Norris.

Seriously ? what have i gained going against the grain except abuse...... The nature of adjustment disorder/dissociative behaviour and/or ptsd is no laughing matter. Often the final result is a lurch into a depressive state and suicide. In the case of blackman, luckily his wife stood beside him, where all the heroes on here were presumably busy throwing sabots at the first trial.
funnily enough, some of the most critical comments about him I’ve listened to were from blokes with green lids

anglo

LE
It is and given this week is mental awareness week, I find it most amusing how few people really accept the modern world. I am still waiting for someone to suggest that blackman was a LMF and ignore his exemplary service.
If Blackman had shot the man due to uncontrollable anger {red mist} it could be said he
was mentally disturbed, but the comments he made showed he wasn't angry, and
was in full control
Read this a few times, it explains why he ended up in jail

Alexander Blackman shoots wounded Taliban fighter – transcript

If Blackman had shot the man due to uncontrollable anger {red mist} it could be said he
was mentally disturbed, but the comments he made showed he wasn't angry, and
was in full control
Read this a few times, it explains why he ended up in jail

Alexander Blackman shoots wounded Taliban fighter – transcript
Reasonable question, worth responding too..... Its an interesting divide we have and boils down a misunderstanding of how adjustment disorder works..... For the red mist argument to work, you would also need evidence of a personality disorder and the psyches found no evidence of that and his service was acknowledged by the original court martial, as exemplary both before and after the incident.

The actions in the transcript show a tired and resigned individual, all the marines were suffering from sleep deprivation(indicator) from a series of grenade incidents and seemed more to be acting out a part (indicator). The three psyches who actually interviewed him, found plenty of evidence that convinced them and particularly his inability to understand himself, why he did it.

anglo

LE
Reasonable question, worth responding too..... Its an interesting divide we have and boils down a misunderstanding of how adjustment disorder works..... For the red mist argument to work, you would also need evidence of a personality disorder and the psyches found no evidence of that and his service was acknowledged by the original court martial, as exemplary both before and after the incident.

The actions in the transcript show a tired and resigned individual, all the marines were suffering from sleep deprivation(indicator) from a series of grenade incidents and seemed more to be acting out a part (indicator). The three psyches who actually interviewed him, found plenty of evidence that convinced them and particularly his inability to understand himself, why he did it.
From that statement you appear to have more information at your disposal than I do.

For the red mist argument to work, you would also need evidence of a personality disorder and the psyches found no evidence of that and his service was acknowledged by the original court martial, as exemplary both before and after the incident.

The three psyches who actually interviewed him, found plenty of evidence that convinced them and particularly his inability to understand himself, why he did it

Have you got a source for those two statements?

From that statement you appear to have more information at your disposal than I do.

For the red mist argument to work, you would also need evidence of a personality disorder and the psyches found no evidence of that and his service was acknowledged by the original court martial, as exemplary both before and after the incident.

The three psyches who actually interviewed him, found plenty of evidence that convinced them and particularly his inability to understand himself, why he did it

Have you got a source for those two statements?
The court papers and my own applied psychiatry knowledge.... The terseness of psychiatry, is writ large in the appeals court, let me point out the following paragraph of the appeal court, which acknowledge the army knew blackman was suffering, five days before the incident:-

103. An appraisal of the appellant written by Major Fisher dated 10 September 2011 noted that the appellant had probably reached his ceiling as “he lacked the dynamism to go further in his career”. This was in marked contrast to his earlier appraisals. Far from assisting the prosecution, this would therefore appear to confirm that the appellant had changed significantly whilst at CP Omar; it provides support for the conclusion of Professor Greenberg that this may well have resulted from his adjustment disorder.

anglo

LE
103. An appraisal of the appellant written by Major Fisher dated 10 September 2011 noted that the appellant had probably reached his ceiling as “he lacked the dynamism to go further in his career”. This was in marked contrast to his earlier appraisals

He had a bad appraisal, so he shot somebody, You're having a laff with one

I take it the paragraph below as been added by you and I take it that you are a qualified psychiatrist,
don't bother answering that

Far from assisting the prosecution, this would therefore appear to confirm that the appellant had changed significantly whilst at CP Omar; it provides support for the conclusion of Professor Greenberg that this may well have resulted from his adjustment disorder.

Actually no, the bolded bit was also in the court papers..... The fitrep showed that blackman had significantly changed from his normal sense and anyone who has served, can smell a superior unhappy with his lack of aggression.... Professor Greenberg spelled out that the change of behaviour, was an indicator of a man already suffering from the disorder and you can take his words and set mine aside. Or, simply join in the circus throwing mud at me, for stating the facts and then perhaps in past posts, a willingness to explore his actions step by step in relation to adjustment disorder (that is now over).

Actually no, the bolded bit was also in the court papers..... The fitrep showed that blackman had significantly changed from his normal sense and anyone who has served, can smell a superior unhappy with his lack of aggression.... Professor Greenberg spelled out that the change of behaviour, was an indicator of a man already suffering from the disorder and you can take his words and set mine aside. Or, simply join in the circus throwing mud at me, for stating the facts and then perhaps in past posts, a willingness to explore his actions step by step in relation to adjustment disorder (that is now over).

But not the actions of someone who got off on shooting defenceless people for shits and giggles?

Latest Threads