Alexander Blackman BBC Interview

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Seriously ? what have i gained going against the grain except abuse...... The nature of adjustment disorder/dissociative behaviour and/or ptsd is no laughing matter. Often the final result is a lurch into a depressive state and suicide. In the case of blackman, luckily his wife stood beside him, where all the heroes on here were presumably busy throwing sabots at the first trial.
You get grief because
You have no grasp of the LOAC
You have no grasp of the events that occurred that day
You have no grasp or understanding of the SOPs that Troops operated under in Afghanistan
And now it seems no grasp of Psychiatry either.

Because of all this you have
misinterpreted and misunderstood the events of that day;
ignored or misunderstood the evidence when faced with it;
showed a primary school understanding of morals and ethics;
Showed an infantile understanding of Counter Insurgency
Revealed an ignorant understanding of the political context of this particular campaign;
Compared/conflated external events based on a superficial understanding of what occured or without recourse to specific context in which these events happened;

I could probably add some more, but the dogs are badgering me to go for walk. So toodles for now.

Actually I am pretty much done with this thread, said what needed to be said. You'll be thrilled to return to your detailed analysis of 'blackman is a cnut because........'
That's a lot of words to say "I've been called on my bluffing and stupidity".

Seriously ? what have i gained going against the grain except abuse.
Confirmation that you don't know as much as the more informed and experienced members of the board, for one. Some creative new descriptions of fuckpumpery as an added bonus.

Is it worth reading, or is it something else you've just made up inside your head?
Depends on your comprehension of the simple premise:-
That from the outset, it wasn't me who said blackman had adjustment disorder, but the appeal court psyche experts, its in the papers if your experts were minded to go and look. Oh and people did not seem to understand that 'adjustment disorder' is a component part of associative behaviour.

P.S You can find the judgement in fullfacts, but here is the crucial evidence that supported my view with a suitably johnG underline and bold for the truly empty headed:-

(i) Further psychiatric evidence obtained since the court martial showed that both at the time of the killing and at the time of the court martial, the appellant was suffering from an adjustment disorder, a recognised medical condition.

You get grief because
You have no grasp of the LOAC
You have no grasp of the events that occurred that day
You have no grasp or understanding of the SOPs that Troops operated under in Afghanistan
And now it seems no grasp of Psychiatry either.

Because of all this you have
misinterpreted and misunderstood the events of that day;
ignored or misunderstood the evidence when faced with it;
showed a primary school understanding of morals and ethics;
Showed an infantile understanding of Counter Insurgency
Revealed an ignorant understanding of the political context of this particular campaign;
Compared/conflated external events based on a superficial understanding of what occured or without recourse to specific context in which these events happened;

I could probably add some more, but the dogs are badgering me to go for walk. So toodles for now.

but apart from all that, what have the Romans done for us?

P.S You can find the judgement in fullfacts, but here is the crucial evidence that supported my view with a suitably johnG underline and bold for the truly empty headed:-

(i) Further psychiatric evidence obtained since the court martial showed that both at the time of the killing and at the time of the court martial, the appellant was suffering from an adjustment disorder, a recognised medical condition.
I thought your argument earlier was it was perfectly acceptable to shoot unarmed people? now it's ok cos he wasn't well?

I thought your argument earlier was it was perfectly acceptable to shoot unarmed people? now it's ok cos he wasn't well?
Never said anything of the sort.... I offered in one posting a view that historically speaking winnable COIN operations are dirty and a couple of postings on the morality of this or that choice.... I mostly tried to discuss why he actually ignored the law and how conduct disorder->adjustment disorder->Dissociative disorder are linked to explain the out of character (legal papers) actions. I have nothing new to add and certainly not willing to debate any longer.

Never said anything of the sort.... I offered in one posting a view that historically speaking winnable COIN operations are dirty and a couple of postings on the morality of this or that choice.... I mostly tried to discuss why he actually ignored the law and how conduct disorder->adjustment disorder->Dissociative disorder are linked to explain the out of character (legal papers) actions. I have nothing new to add and certainly not willing to debate any longer.

You haven't had anything new to add for some time...

I thought you said you were done with this thread.

We would all appreciate it if you could follow through with that promise.

just following though would be amusing

He's put me on ignore a few times :D

I think he's had logic on ignore too.

You haven't had anything new to add for some time...
Really; prior to my arrival, it was largely ill informed broadcasting of 'murder cnut' postings..... Anyone who has any objectivity and read the full appeal papers, would find it most illuminating. Two things stood out for me: 1. Sleep Deprivation and 10 hour patrolling in an undermanned post.. 2. The failure of the original court martial to present any proper psyche report, except for a Dr Orr providing a basic summary.

Latest Threads