Alexander Blackman BBC Interview

You implied and my own sense is the MERT, would NOT respond to every wounded individual from the other side, unless requested and that request is only made, where the man on the ground believes he is salvageable. One assumes, many very badly wounded enemy were too far gone to bother, so the common sop on the ground, really was to take weapon, any intel and then walk on. It might be lawful, but immoral if your playing the game of righteousness.

Why am I still picking at the scab ? I just feel that if this was a morality play. The antagonist is presented as a murderer on this thread by some, which I find deeply offensive. All down to five minutes grainy video people are willing to judge and they're simply failed to convince me he is an evil cnut, beyond that video....

On your understanding of 'The fella in charge was simply not a full shilling':-
If you haven't heard the expression, 'not a full shilling': it means someone not fully in charge of themselves. A person who uses intellect, can objectively see what will happen, if they're follow a certain course of action and as such, NOT carry out an action, which will see them charged with murder.

Sgt blackman knew the rules and in his final comments sounds almost drunk, which is for anyone not paying attention a strong indicator that he and his men were away with the fairies (another colloquism).
Just give up. You have no idea what you’re talking about and coming across as an imbecile.

Now sir, I am reliably informed by dogmeat, that the judiciary were politically motivated to overturn the murder conviction and the original conviction was sound (cos its the rules). Many simply see blackman as a cnut and me on the same page (as I never served in afghan and objected to calling him a murderer).

In professional terms; we are dealing with a dissociative phenomena, where the person knows the rules and is not suffering from a psychosis, but acts against his own normative behaviour. The Video was quite interesting from a professional standpoint, because it showed the sgt was not the only one suffering.... I suspect that is why the other marines were not convicted themselves, because the original prosecution knew it would have raised more questions and it was easier to just throw one mans career and reputation into the bin.
You really have not the faintest idea what you’re talking about. There’s no evidence of a major dissociative disorder, otherwise his defence team may have raised that at either trial that he was found guilty in. Why didn’t they, do you suppose? Just stop. Said as a psychiatric professional who did serve in that role in Afghanistan. You’re an idiot.

Although there are connections with PTSD and limited dissociative symptoms the vast majority of people who are dissociated don’t act with the level of planning on the part of Blackman to shoot the unarmed and no threat chap, as they don’t have the wherewithal to do that.

You aren’t a psychiatric professional so have no idea if or why the video is interesting from a ‘professional’ point of view.

Last edited:
One of the most stupid comments I’ve ever read on here.
Just do a search for his previous stuff, you're bond to top it somewhere along the line.

You really have not the faintest idea what you’re talking about. There’s no evidence of a dissociative disorder, otherwise his defence team may have raised that at either trial that he was found guilty in. Why didn’t they, do you suppose? Just stop. Said as a psychiatric professional who did serve in that role in Afghanistan. You’re an idiot.

You aren’t a psychiatric professional so have no idea if or why the video is interesting from a ‘professional’ point of view.
He is a qualified practitioner of internet psychiatric diagnosis. Bought it on Ebay, thruppence.

Bodenplatte

Old-Salt
I've dealt with plenty of injured / detained insurgents in Afghanistan - some in very 'sterile' situations (the Theatre Holding Facility), some as we grabbed them after contact.

I didn't feel the need to murder / kill any of them. How odd.
Where are the Japs when you need them ?

I suggest you go and read up on dissociative behaviour ? Once you see the human factor and drop the desperation to win the firefight, its almost certain to any objective person who has served, that the marines on the day in question were badly in need of relief.

On your mates; I can't speak for them, having never talked and observed them, so will take your word for their own stability or behaviour.
You have no idea what you’re talking about....

Alternatively you could go and read: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders..... Anyone with any knowledge of the subject would understand that normative ethics does not apply.
And even if you have read it you clearly haven’t understood it.

It’s not a book that you’read’.... and it’s not the diagnostic criteria guidance used in the UK either, but don’t let either of those points bother you..

What was Blackman's defence at the original GCM trial ?

Anybody ?
Blackman’s initial defence was that he thought the insurgent was dead when he shot him.

I can’t find the court martial summary for some reason but...

HHJ Jeff Blackett‘s, (Judge Advocate General who presided over the court Martial) sentencing remarks are here

Here is the judgement arising from his first appeal - the murder conviction was held to be correct but the minimum term of imprisonment was reduced to eight years from the original Court Martial sentence of Life with a minimum of ten years.

His second appeal reduced the conviction for murder to a conviction for manslaughter and reduced the minimum sentence to seven years. I think his dishonourable discharge was also reduced to discharged from the service.

Second appeal Sentencing Remarks

Last edited:
Cheers boys, I have pinged the american psychiatric association that DSM-5 is a load of rubbish and its identification of 6 types of adjustment disorder is simply false and bollox........ But I should add, the courts papers for the second appeals process made it clear, that Sgt Blackman was suffering from an ADJUSTMENT DISORDER both at the time of the killing and later at his original court martial. Should I also point out to the experts on here, that dissociative IS adjustment disorder. So if you want to argue, I suggest you urgently contact the MOD to offer yourselves as rebuttal witnesses against the expert view.

Cheers boys, I have pinged the american psychiatric association that DSM-5 is a load of rubbish and its identification of 6 types of adjustment disorder is simply false and bollox........ But I should add, the courts papers for the second appeals process made it clear, that Sgt Blackman was suffering from an ADJUSTMENT DISORDER both at the time of the killing and later at his original court martial. Should I also point out to the experts on here, that dissociative IS adjustment disorder. So if you want to argue, I suggest you urgently contact the MOD to offer yourselves as rebuttal witnesses against the expert view.
Step away from the Google, sir, and put down the keyboard.

Is EE the new JohnG?

Is EE the new JohnG?
Seriously ? what have i gained going against the grain except abuse...... The nature of adjustment disorder/dissociative behaviour and/or ptsd is no laughing matter. Often the final result is a lurch into a depressive state and suicide. In the case of blackman, luckily his wife stood beside him, where all the heroes on here were presumably busy throwing sabots at the first trial.

Actually I am pretty much done with this thread, said what needed to be said. You'll be thrilled to return to your detailed analysis of 'blackman is a cnut because........'

Latest Threads