Alexa......

Is that a phrase meaning"throw my friend's Alexa out of the window with malice aforethought"??? Because I was singing Jolene perfectly... It was just an ill educated Alexa.
Alexa and the ilk are the perfect devices for Amazon and the like to prefect (pardon the usage again) their devices, data gathering and "training."

I am not again against data gathering, but somethings do push it out too far. And too personal.

Alexa and the ilk are the perfect devices for Amazon and the like to prefect (pardon the usage again) their devices, data gathering and "training."

I am not again against data gathering, but somethings do push it out too far. And too personal.
Watched this: Breaking Mysterious: Control last night on the History channel; whilst there was a fair bit of tin-hat wearing conspiracy theories, the bits about data gathering was thought provoking and a little concerning.

I am so against data gathering I don't have Facebook/Instagram or any of those sorts of things, so don't get me started on my privacy issues (because someone somewhere really cares that I am sitting around moaning that all men are gits and hear my friends insulting my cocktail making skills when I have parties).

Mostly they are useless - I gave birth in order to order someone else around, what is the point of something you just purchase??? "Alexa, take the rubbish out" would get some snide comment "Mini Kimmi, take the rubbish out" might take a few shouts and in the end threats of not going to meet Bernard Cribbins/go sailing/burn a wicker man/meet Tim Peake/visit the Slovakian embassy... but in the end it gets done. And no one then insults my singing afterwards (OK so Mini Kimmi does, but at least sticks to under her breath).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y US 5
Chodmeister Royal Signals 1
DRIVER_B_III_RASC The NAAFI Bar 241