Alexa......

get to f*ck you useless fecking piece of Chinese crap.
"I'm sorry I cannot help you with that"......
Spent three hours doing the "easy set up" (deleting and re-installing everything several times) still won't connect.I can only assume she is a lesbian and has a loathing for any male voice.

Putting on my tech support hat. Have you tried switching it off and on again?

ETA: Seriously, my colleagues get shed loads of money for basically doing the above.

Last edited:
Alexa's set-up was a bit weird to me. It's been a while, but the thing that tripped me up was that Alexa sets up her own wifi access point, you connect to that from your phone, and then configure Alexa to connect to the main wifi in the app. The built-in wifi is only for initial configuration. Once it's configured, Alexa will then connect to your main wifi and you're off to the races.

Merry Christmas, by the way :)

Alexa's set-up was a bit weird to me. It's been a while, but the thing that tripped me up was that Alexa sets up her own wifi access point, you connect to that from your phone, and then configure Alexa to connect to the main wifi in the app. The built-in wifi is only for initial configuration. Once it's configured, Alexa will then connect to your main wifi and you're off to the races.

Merry Christmas, by the way :)
It's the same with Philips Hue lightbulbs. You have to connect to them first to tell them which wifi network you want them to connect to otherwise there's no way to tell them what the wifi password is.

It's the same with Philips Hue lightbulbs. You have to connect to them first to tell them which wifi network you want them to connect to otherwise there's no way to tell them what the wifi password is.
My Hue bridge has got the hump with Alexa. If I use the app, it works fine. If I control it with Alexa, she leaves one lamp on when told to turn them off. Given that the groups of lamps are set up in the Hue, I don't see why Alexa leaves one out. Oh well.

Does Alexa only listen to your voice for commands, or does she listen and relay everything she hears?

Can you patch into Alexa when you're not there and have her relay everything to you?

Does Alexa only listen to your voice for commands, or does she listen and relay everything she hears?

Can you patch into Alexa when you're not there and have her relay everything to you?

She listens all the time but only takes any notice and responds when she hears 'Alexa' (or whatever the other trigger words are).

get to f*ck you useless fecking piece of Chinese crap.
"I'm sorry I cannot help you with that"......
Spent three hours doing the "easy set up" (deleting and re-installing everything several times) still won't connect.I can only assume she is a lesbian and has a loathing for any male voice.
Follow the simple picture instructions and all will be well ...

Step one of one...

Amazons service crashed thus morning, presumably as a result of a million or more mongs trying to connect their Christmas pressies.

My furiously vehement swearing at Alexa, Amazon and the new users appears to have fixed it though.

The fucking c√ľnts with a new echo for Christmas have ruined my Christmas, the selfish cunts.

Last edited:
My Hue bridge has got the hump with Alexa. If I use the app, it works fine. If I control it with Alexa, she leaves one lamp on when told to turn them off. Given that the groups of lamps are set up in the Hue, I don't see why Alexa leaves one out. Oh well.
she got a female personality your lucky that she even turns any of the feckin lights off

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I have the fart skill on my Alexa. I effectively have taught my computers to fart. The height of human existence.

Oh dear.......was given mine to-day its still in the box.......shall i just leave it there?

It's really good.
All I need do is plug it into the socket,
Wait for it to warm up,
when it's ready, just say.
'Alexa, what's the time?'
Quick as a flash she comes out with the correct time.

Beats the hell out of having to look at my watch.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She listens all the time but only takes any notice and responds when she hears 'Alexa' (or whatever the other trigger words are).
Not entirely true. I'll need o check for source, but I've read a few times that Alexa send everything back to HQ to improve its listening algorithm, I don't know how long it's kept for however.

Not entirely true. I'll need o check for source, but I've read a few times that Alexa send everything back to HQ to improve its listening algorithm, I don't know how long it's kept for however.
There must be some burning ears and red faces back at Amazon HQ :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y US 5
Chodmeister Royal Signals 1
DRIVER_B_III_RASC The NAAFI Bar 241