Alex Salmond's "Farewell Speech"

Anyone else watching the big man on TV at the moment? At least he has more passion than the other leader spouting off yesterday.
As for farewell, rumour has it he is looking to get back into British politics as soon as possible, probably as a Westminster MP at the next General Election. Standby, Westminster, he's coming to get you!

He is only interested in lining his pockets, again. If he does get re-elected I wonder if he will claim his meals when Parliament is shut, just like the last time he was there!

sguyw

LE
No, he can just do one.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Alex who?

It does raise the spectre of the "West Lothian" question yet again.

Not really as the SNP MPs do not vote on English only matters.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

If bile and vitriol were marketable He could have made Scotland very rich indeed.

It took him less than a month to go from "accepting" that he lost the independence vote to declaring again that independence will definitely happen. He has possibly had the most drawn out tantrum and taking his bat and ball home with him in the history of tantrums.

Suggestion on the 6.00PM BBC news that the SNP MP's at Westminster could prop up a minority Labour Government in exchange for a nice sweetner.... (Wonder what that could be??)

They wouldn't fecking dare would they?
How could any party justify a Nationalist party (which has power elsewhere) putting it's major legislation through?

It would amplify the West Lothian question out of all proportion....

Last edited:
Suggestion on the 6.00PM BBC news that the SNP MP's at Westminster could prop up a minority Labour Government in exchange for a nice sweetner.... (Wonder what that could be??)

How could any party justify a Nationalist party (which has power elsewhere) putting it's major legislation through?

It would the West Lothian question magnified out of all proportion....

It is one of several nightmare scenario possibilities at the next General Election, because the vote is going to be fractured like never before. The only thing that keeps my spirits up is Nick Clegg is going to get the battering he deserves off the electorate.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

MARK WILLIAMSON

BUSINESS CORRESPONDENT

THE oil price has hit a fresh four-year low, raising concern that firms will slash activity levels in the North Sea.

The fall has come amid booming production of shale oil in the US and weakening demand in areas like China.

Experts warn the price could fall much further unless major producers such as Saudi Arabia start to turn off the taps. Brent crude sold for $78.54 yesterday, down about 30 per cent from $115 per barrel in June. Industry body Oil & Gas UK said the consequences could be grim for Scottish drilling operations. Economic director Mike Tholen said: "Falling oil prices are having a noticeable impact on activity across the UK Continental Shelf. Business is under significant pressure."

Falling oil prices could benefit consumers and businesses if they result in lower petrol prices. The price of a litre of petrol has fallen to as low as £1.25 and diesel to less than £1.30 in recent weeks.

Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory

Dr Henry Jones Jnr

It took him less than a month to go from "accepting" that he lost the independence vote to declaring again that independence will definitely happen. He has possibly had the most drawn out tantrum and taking his bat and ball home with him in the history of tantrums.

Did he flounce out whilst wearing this?
Salmond-380_1142751a.jpg

ACAB

LE
Has he blamed the English yet?

Again.

It is one of several nightmare scenario possibilities at the next General Election, because the vote is going to be fractured like never before. The only thing that keeps my spirits up is Nick Clegg is going to get the battering he deserves off the electorate.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

So Tory's and UKIP or Labour and SNP.

Or Tory's and SNP (Unlikely)
Labour and UKIP (Again Unlikely)

Pure speculation but say the Tories and Labour come up short but are similarly placed.
Either the SNP or UKIP can give either party the majority they need...(A possibility particularly seeing as the Lib Dems would be wiped out).

There is no constitutional mechanism to decide which Government gets formed.

What a nightmare......

Oh really ? , too easy , a sweetner ? A deep fried mars bar of course .

So Tory's and UKIP or Labour and SNP.

Or Tory's and SNP (Unlikely)
Labour and UKIP (Again Unlikely)

Pure speculation but say the Tories and Labour come up short but are similarly placed.
Either the SNP or UKIP can give either party the majority they need...(A possibility particularly seeing as the Lib Dems would be wiped out).

There is no constitutional mechanism to decide which Government gets formed.

What a nightmare......

Exactly. How many days did Cameron/Clegg/Brown spend trying to come up with a deal in 2010? There have been other examples in other countries of coalition Governments taking months to form. It's not looking good, but from an Englishman's POV, I sincerely hope the SNP don't hold any balance of power at Westminster.
Politics in this country is changing before our eyes (not for the better) and the current crop of mediocrities have only themselves to blame.

I don't get your outrage here. What is the difference between the possibility of the SNP propping up a minority Labour government and UKIP propping up a minority Conservative government?

I don't get your outrage here. What is the difference between the possibility of the SNP propping up a minority Labour government and UKIP propping up a minority Conservative government?

Quite obvious really..
I am surprised you cannot see it but I guess that is because you eat porridge..

Exactly. How many days did Cameron/Clegg/Brown spend trying to come up with a deal in 2010? There have been other examples in other countries of coalition Governments taking months to form. It's not looking good, but from an Englishman's POV, I sincerely hope the SNP don't hold any balance of power
You speaking for all Englishmen then?

Latest Threads