Alex Salmond charged with multiple counts of sexual assault, and a bunch of other stuff too.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Supreme Court of Arrse, do you find the defendant:

• Guilty as charged - hang the fat f***

• Not Guilty - but still a massive c***

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick9abf

War Hero
Excellent decision. Gentlemen, you now have an indicator established in Scots law of what is acceptable behaviour towards the fairer sex. Remember to cite it in any HR case as well.

Ladies - sorry about giving you the impression that you were to be empowered to speak up and halt such behaviour. You obviously DO love it so you can expect much more of it from now on.

Hubba hubba.
Sky news reporting he’s planning a political comeback..... shock

Does the social distancing thing apply to the extra "Witnesses" supposed to see he keeps his lips on some other poor womany thing? He's got more guile than Jim'll Fix It for Yoo-hooo-hooooooo." Be a reall feck up if he continues his handy pandy acts, the fecking fat toad! :cool:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Probably best to get it out of your systems now. Thread locked later this afternoon.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Probably best to get it out of your systems now. Thread locked later this afternoon.
You sound a tad bitter! Still, with luck this should finish off the venal Mrs Murrell. Sooner the better.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Poor Eck, can't even go to the pub to celebrate!

jockpopeye

Swinger
I've been on a jury twice, once at the Sheriff Court once at the High Court. Both times obviously guilty.
Sheriff Court, jury returns not guilty, later convicted of perjury when new evidence came to light proving beyond a doubt that he actually did it.
2nd time at the high court took a full day of deliberations to get to guilty, even then some wouldn't come around to this as they "liked" the defendant more than the victim.
Fellow Juror, "I just don't think that he did it."
Me "Why is that?"
Fellow Juror "Well he is a family man, and I just don't think he did it."
Me "that is not based on any of the evidence we have been presented with."
Fellow Juror "Well that's my opinion and nothing is going to change my mind on that!"
Jury trials are pathetic as most jurors shirk from making any sort of decision so by virtue of not being decisive favour not guilty.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
You sound a tad bitter! Still, with luck this should finish off the venal Mrs Murrell. Sooner the better.
Not really. Trial's over, he's innocent in the eyes of the law and yet I still see agenda-driven people banging on about 'the things he's done' which is unarguably actionable.

All I can say is that just about everyone on here wasn't at the trial or in the jury room; the verdict has been delivered whether or not folks like it. Salmond has now got to live with the after effects of the trial even though he was acquitted.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Have to respect the decision of the Jury and all that, but unfortunately it means we will have to put up with his sanctimonious bluster for years to come. Between him, Blackford, Cherry and Sturgeon, it’s like some sort of horrific production line. :-(
On the plus side, at least there is another News item to digest, other than Coronabloodyvirus.
Nice that comment about Abbot's son pleading guilty today though.

Don't expect to see anything about it on BBC news tonight.

TamH70

MIA
He may have been found not guilty on all but one of the charges, and not proven on the other, but there is still something of the night about the guy. If I were one of the women that led to the process of him being taken to court I'd be getting a better lawyer sharpish, as there is no way in hell Wee Eck won't want his pound of flesh from each and every one of them.

And Wee Nippy better get used to wearing CRISAT Level IV body armour, with ceramic plates front and back, as she'll be the first he's going to be gunning for.

Seadog

ADC
Should any comeback see him as First Minister, despite the NG/NP verdicts, I wonder how keen female MSPs, party workers and Civil Servants will be to work late at Bute House.

Should his comeback see him as First Minister, despite the NG/NP verdicts, I wonder how keen female MSPs, party workers and Civil Servants will be to work late at Bute House.
He will never work in office with less than 3 people again.........and 1 of them will be his wife.

Dredd

LE
Innocent. He has shown himself in a very poor light though.
Innocent? Not in the Not Proven charge.

However, and here is the very very very important bit - he has not been found guilty BEYOND ALL REASONABLE DOUBT.

What is amusing (in a dark way) is the YesNP were desperate to get rid of the Not Proven verdict, and had used the very low conviction rate in, wait for it, rape cases as one of the reasons why.

Rape is a very specific charge and requires penetration with the penis as a foundation of the crime (hence women cannot be charged with it) but there was one "attempted" charge in there.

Serious head on - the type of evidence being given by the prosecution was weak and relied on him being a bit of a wide boy with the lassies as it's basis, so it really is not surprising it was unsuccessful. But it does damage the persistent claim that women should speak out about sexual assaults as the law is now on their side. Seems not to be the case and so the low conviction rate will remain for some time to come.

It's a very hard accusation to prove, beyond the assault with violence type, and will remain so.

Is there a possible civil case to come though? Although with a lower bar (balance of probability) it needs actual damages to have been caused which are needing recouped. Unlikely.

Puts the Weinstein case into a bit of perspective though. Different countries, different legal systems

Slime

LE
The comments on Guido Fawkes were fairly interesting, including the one relating to Diane Abbott’s son.

It will be interesting to see what happens next.
Will Salmond move to try to clear the not proven to become a not guilty somehow.

Will any of the witnesses be charged with purgery, and will the unvestigation into Sturgeon visiting Salmond after she was told not to contact him continue.

If the vast majority of cases were perhaps ‘obviously’ not guilty will whoever cane up with the ‘no lone women’ policy have anything to answer for?
Will anyone from the CPS decide to seek a career elsewhere?

How long will it be before Salmond gets a new nickname.
O.J. Salmond has a certain ring to it...........purely because he seems the sporty type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads