Alex Salmond charged with multiple counts of sexual assault, and a bunch of other stuff too.

I believe the SWP came back from a similar situation.
And how many MPs do the SWP have ?

Apart from Jeremy Corbyn, obvs.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Some people are struggling with the idea that not every part of the site is the NAAFI I see.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Paradoxically, it is the nature of the severity of the charges, multiple sexual assaults and attempted rapes that is causing some to cry foul and conspiracy, combined with the fact that despite these charges he is still a free man and not being held on remand awaiting trial as per any other alleged sexual predator.

Paradoxically, it is the nature of the severity of the charges, multiple sexual assaults and attempted rapes that is causing some to cry foul and conspiracy, combined with the fact that despite these charges he is still a free man and not being held on remand awaiting trial as per any other alleged sexual predator.
Though I can find no mention of it on open source, I suspect that Salmond has been released on Police bail which, dependant on the nature of the charges and any 'previous', can be quite restrictive. At the very least there will/should be restrictions on movement, reporting to Police, contact with victims, media use, etc.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

He's currently “committed for further examination”.

If he was remanded, the timescales for any trial are far shorter. I imagine the severity of the charges renders this highly unlikely to be a reasonable timescale. If on bail, the PF has 11 months to initiate a Preliminary Hearing.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I saw the good Mr. Salmond in Departures at Aberdeen Airport on Monday. He is, well, a porker, and having that smug face and winning personality in a snap rush to judgement I could easily believe everything of him.

I saw the good Mr. Salmond in Departures at Aberdeen Airport on Monday.
Dictionary definition of good: morally excellent; virtuous; righteous; pious:a good man.
satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree:a good teacher; good health.
of high quality; excellent.

I don't think any of those fit him. Good at deceiving people mebbe.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I saw the good Mr. Salmond in Departures at Aberdeen Airport on Monday. He is, well, a porker, and having that smug face and winning personality in a snap rush to judgement I could easily believe everything of him.

Internal flight?

Are folk facing such charges allowed to travel over seas?