Alex Junnier SCOTS DG, RIP.

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Biscuits_AB, Jul 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those of you who knew him which will include many former JLRs (RAC, AAC & RMP), Alex (ex SCOTS DG) has passed on. An all round good egg as those of us who knew him will agree.

RIP Alex.
  2. A Sad Loss. Although not in his Tp, Alex was often my drill instructor at JLR.

Top bloke

3. Only met him a couple of times. A good man. RIP Alex
  4. Very sad news indeed.

three good memories.

he wasnt my troop Sgt at JLR RAC. I was in the parasending club and got to know him through that. absolutely first class switched on bloke who had a kind word if he noticed you were on your chin strap (at least he did when I fecked up the commands for pass off practice - 'it'll be alright son, we all have bad days'). have never forgot that - even 25 years later.

drove past him on Salisbury plain two years after leaving JLR RAC. he was in the top of a sultan with a bloody range rover parked beside it. he interrupted his Sqn leader to shout 'alright son' when he noticed me staring at him in my blue beret. quality.

and his wife ( Jackie?) worked in the NAAFI and remembered everyone's name. she tore a strip off me for calling SCOTS DG the RSDG . '......that's the Royal Signals Depot Glasgow..and don't you forget it!'

condolences to his family.
  5. They were our next door neighbours in Schloss Neuhaus for a couple of years in the 80's. They were good people. RIP mate.