Alex "Hurricane" Higgins dead

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by the_guru, Jul 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He's been ill for years.

2. RIP Alex you were a real character. The original "Irish Butter"

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

OK, who had him in the Death Pool?

4. Anyone who wants to win it.

5. I remember watching him as a kid on TV always seemed to have 3 fags on the go at once while necking alcohol and then go on to clear the table.

6. RIP Alex. He loved his drink though and I have to be honest, I am surprised he lasted this long.

7. RIP Hurricane . You were my hero as a teenager

8. Anyone who can threaten Dennis Taylor with being shot cannae be all bad. RIP Alex. You were a star.

Tam

9. He hated Steve "Interesting" Davis as well allegedly, can't have been all bad.

10. Great snooker player but an ******** as a person.

Used to cause loads of trouble in pubs when drunk in the 1980's in the Rossendale valley near Bury, Lancashire. He started the trouble then his 'minders' had to finish it for him .

11. Another "outstanding in his field" flawed clever Irishman with the self-destructive gene. Behan, Best, Higgins, Mayne ...... the list is long.

12. R.I.P. hurricaine.

went to the snooker legends tour a couple of weeks ago in llandudno hoping to see him as i thought his number would be up soon. he was too ill to play.
    great night out if you get the chance by the way.

13. He was supposed to grace the crucible one last time for the snooker legends.

Beat cancer 3 times but not the fourth...
    Like someone said another flawed Northern Irishman, must be the water over here.

14. Well, Alex gets buried today.

If the Gravediggers are on holiday, the mourners might be snookered.

I predict the green will be in the way, and they'll have to go through that to get to the brown to pot him.

RIP big lad, you were a character for sure.