Alex "Hurricane" Higgins dead

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
OK, who had him in the Death Pool?

I remember watching him as a kid on TV always seemed to have 3 fags on the go at once while necking alcohol and then go on to clear the table.

Anyone who can threaten Dennis Taylor with being shot cannae be all bad. RIP Alex. You were a star.

Tam

Great snooker player but an ******** as a person.

Used to cause loads of trouble in pubs when drunk in the 1980's in the Rossendale valley near Bury, Lancashire. He started the trouble then his 'minders' had to finish it for him .

Another "outstanding in his field" flawed clever Irishman with the self-destructive gene. Behan, Best, Higgins, Mayne ...... the list is long.

R.I.P. hurricaine.

went to the snooker legends tour a couple of weeks ago in llandudno hoping to see him as i thought his number would be up soon. he was too ill to play.
great night out if you get the chance by the way.

He was supposed to grace the crucible one last time for the snooker legends.

Beat cancer 3 times but not the fourth...
Like someone said another flawed Northern Irishman, must be the water over here.

Well, Alex gets buried today.

If the Gravediggers are on holiday, the mourners might be snookered.

I predict the green will be in the way, and they'll have to go through that to get to the brown to pot him.

RIP big lad, you were a character for sure.

I heard he wanted to be buried on the sofa he spent his last year on but the undertakers couldn't get it in the hearse, so he went in off two cushions.
(ifangyu)

I heard he wanted to be buried on the sofa he spent his last year on but the undertakers couldn't get it in the hearse, so he went in off two cushions.
(ifangyu)
I'll be stealing that one. Ta muchly. :-D

Nice avatar - never run with scissors.

The noise as they "tink, tink, tink, tink" next to you on a BFT will get really annoying...

Experts are worried about the mental health of President Obama after he pledged millions of dollars in aid to Northern Ireland following the tragedy of HURRICANE HIGGINS.

Experts are worried about the mental health of President Obama after he pledged millions of dollars in aid to Northern Ireland following the tragedy of HURRICANE HIGGINS.
Nah it's just a Whitehouse/Obama media ploy - a kind of Whirlwind romance...

Way down pon dat Swanee ribba... let them sort out New Orleans first.

They are waiting to see if Disney will fund the rebuild first, and insist on renaming it "Unda da Sea"...