Alerts now awful

B

bokkatankie

Alerts seems to have given up the ghost, entirely, threads that I am following do not feed into alerts. System has ceased to function........why?

It's been up the creek for awhile. I'll get some alerts but not others for the same post, I get alerts for things I've specifically ticked that I don't want alerts for or vicky verky and the tagging system isn't much better.

B

bokkatankie

It's been up the creek for awhile. I'll get some alerts but not others for the same post, I get alerts for things I've specifically ticked that I don't want alerts for or vicky verky and the tagging system isn't much better.
Whole threads, in which I am busy, no alerts at all. Other thread one post and bang alert every time. There is a problem, something is wrong, hey ho ARRSE is fucked, again.

Maybe you just aren't worth an automated response. If this depresses you ring the samaritans and leave a message.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
They've been temperamental for a while - you'll be notified of replies to a subscribed thread when you look at it same day but not one you've been watching for a while. A quick Google seems to show it's a XenForo issue rather than an Arrse issue.

One for the CO's.

B

bokkatankie

They've been temperamental for a while - you'll be notified of replies to a subscribed thread when you look at it same day but not one you've been watching for a while. A quick Google seems to show it's a XenForo issue rather than an Arrse issue.

One for the CO's.
It is an ARRSE issue if it is a problem for ARRSE users!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
It is an ARRSE issue if it is a problem for ARRSE users!
Granted but it's down to the software the CO's have upgraded to so they'd be best placed to look at.

Should never have started with the useless tripe anyway.
Scrap them and have done with it.

Worked OK until a couple of days ago for me, then failed.
Worked OK Sunday, now knacked again.

It has been a problem since they "upgraded" the soft. I am not sure why something that messes up software is called an upgrade but hey ho.

I have missed alerts but a couple of days ago I got an alert on a thread that had been dead for 5 or 6 years that someone recently posted to.

If I was smart and computer savvy I could offer a constructive suggestion. I am merely an old retired lawyer so I will just moan and bitch.