ALDP (Replacement of CLM) for Re-joiners on lower Ranks.

I left Army on Substantive Cpl and rejoined as LCpl. I am already qualified for JCLM part 1, 2 and 3. My question is do I have to attend ADLP on promotion to Cpl again? Thanks in advance.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I left Army on Substantive Cpl and rejoined as LCpl. I am already qualified for JCLM part 1, 2 and 3. My question is do I have to attend ADLP on promotion to Cpl again? Thanks in advance.
Why are you asking a load of old soldiers whom have no idea what you are on about. Ask your training wing or whatever

chimera

LE
Try asking your RCMO.

NemoIII

War Hero
Yes any JCLMs carry over too the new system. This means you shouldnt be required to do the ADLP on promotion.

I'd still ask your RCMO, as it may require you to be proactive to do this.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say you'll do it again. You aren't current, qualified or competent as it stands, as you haven't been a Cpl.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as there's some rather handy qualifications being looked at to complement the ADLP, and it has been developed a little from the CLM.

That said, if you play your cards right you may be able to take advantage of the carnage left over from this COVID-19 lockdown.

Buddy!

War Hero
Hi, I'm serving and will give you my two-pence in my esteemed position as Barrack Room RCMO and Barrack Room Lawyer.

If you left as a substantive Corporal why did you come back into service as a Lance Corporal? If the competencies for CLM Parts 1, 2 & 3 are on your JPA record then I think it is unlikely you'll need to complete the ADLP - surely it's a waiting game to come off of a future promotion board?

What cap badge are you?

Hi, I'm serving and will give you my two-pence in my esteemed position as Barrack Room RCMO and Barrack Room Lawyer.

If you left as a substantive Corporal why did you come back into service as a Lance Corporal? If the competencies for CLM Parts 1, 2 & 3 are on your JPA record then I think it is unlikely you'll need to complete the ADLP - surely it's a waiting game to come off of a future promotion board?

What cap badge are you?
Surely the rank on rejoining depends on vacancies, i.e. if the CEQ was flush with Cpls, but hanging out for LCpls, then surely it makes more sense for the Army to offer LCpl?

If the potential rejoiner doesn't like it, then there is always McDonalds...

Buddy!

War Hero
Surely the rank on rejoining depends on vacancies, i.e. if the CEQ was flush with Cpls, but hanging out for LCpls, then surely it makes more sense for the Army to offer LCpl?

If the potential rejoiner doesn't like it, then there is always McDonalds...
True, but that doesn't really seem to fit the desperation the Army seems to display with it's campaign for rejoiners, I appreciate though that the rejoin applicant will feel that the ball is in the court of the Army.

They're practically begging blokes to speak to their mates that have left - as with everything, they need to invest a lot more effort in looking at the root of the retention problem, but we'll save that for another thread that's on the horizon...

Last edited:

Latest Threads