Aldi doing night vision again

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Speedy, Oct 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It must be that time of year again, as Aldi have their £100 night visin kit on sale as of today (031010)

ALDI - Sunday Special Buys 3rd October 2010

There are several Arrsers (myself included) who have purchased these over the years, and for the price they can't be beat!!
  2. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Brilliant bit of kit, I love it, use the Video output with a Video Grabber into my Netbook to make some great movies in almost total darkness, the focus is a bit fiddly but its still very cheap for a Bresser bit of kit
  3. I use them when the need to stalk newsreaders comes on me......
  4. Handy for when I go dogging.:)
  5. And you don't need two hands to operate it.
  6. The maximum observation distance is only 200m!

Pay a bit more for 600m - the minimum I'd consider useful for military ops.
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Get you one of those with video in/out, interchangeable reticles, built-in IR and more for only £1k if you'd like one. Waiting times are up to 3 weeks last I checked.
  8. If you check the link you could combine it with the dirt resistant mat, black and white surveillance camera and the zip and seal bags then spend a damp cold night sat in a hedge while looking at an empty barn and pooing in your bag and pretend you're one of 'them'.

Having said that I do prefer llech's dogging option!
  9. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

I popped out and bought one - only £85, bargain! Gen 1, but nice clear picture and very small and light (sounds like a finger of fudge). Not sure what use it'll get, but nice to have.
  10. I got one too. Impulse buy, but I'll have some fun with it. build quality is Okay and it seems quite robust.
  11. I bought one, also on impulse. It's not bad! First bit of NV kit I've bought... Oddly. going to use it for rabbiting and hopefully I'll manage to spot some interesting wildlife in the garden.

Failing that I will take a trip up to the nearest dogging spot.