Aldershot - Rise of the Mini-City!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jack-daniels, Dec 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nearly choked on my toast reading this!,,2224845,00.html

Obviously then, most cities have empty shopping centres and 200 takeaways in one road and the biggest proportion of biff to normal bloke around! It's more like a fcuking UN enclave these days.
  2. Every mini city should have a Tony's.
  3. Jesus, check this quote:

4. The only reason Aldershot is considered one of the top places to buy is because no fcuker can afford to live in or around London anymore.

They are now literally forced to expand outwards, and Aldershot (because Woking is now full) is the next place on the map. It's cheap to live there and its on a direct commuter line to London, thats all.

Mini city? Snarf!

5. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  6. Yeah Cambridge, Tasmania

7. We're city dwellers now Moods!!

8. Sin City maybe, or maybe they meant the women were the size of a small city?
  9. The fcukers will probably put our council tax up now and they'll have signs made up saying:

'Aldershot - Twinned with New York and Paris'

*edited due to being a mong*
  10. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

They obviously asked all the ghurkas that live there.
    Aldershot and farnborough = Little Napal.
  11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

To be fair Cambridge is full of immigrants and chavs these days and when the students go on holiday the collective IQ probably drops to double digits at best. :oops:

This is what Liarbour have done to this once beautiful city.
  12. There are 2 phucking MASSIVE reasons why nobody in their right minds should ever consider living in Aldershot.

1. jack-daniels lives there.
    2. The_Guru lives there.

'Nuff said.
  13. Taking this into account and including myself in the residents I guess it's no wonder it's at long last being considered a rather smart place to live being populated with so many level headed, even tempered, well-rounded individuals. Yes I grant you that the local Chav population control does appear top have broken down slightly in the last couple of years and the Border Control Post on the A323 is all but closed, but in honesty I bought a 3 bed Victorian Semi here for GBP170k three years ago which I had valued on remortgaging last year for GBP245k and yes, before any smart arrse says anything, the houses here are selling very quickly. The town has it's critics (in fact I used to be one before moving here) but given the price of property in the region it can only rise in value, tbh you could buy a house level it and rebuild and still come out on top.
  14. I would first like to thank S_S for his kind words.

I like living in The Shot. I live in North Town and I have to say that my daughters school is very good. I can get to Waterloo in 40 mins from Ash Vale, I do most of my shopping in Farnham (3 miles) and there is a decent Ruby House, Rinkydink and Kebab Platz in walking distance.
    20 odd miles from Heathrow, and 40 odd from Gatwick, with rail links to both, it is a well located town. The centre is a dump. I go in the Pound Shop for a laugh to feel better than others. I live on a new development and all the houses have sold like hot cakes. Council Tax reasonable too.
    Being in The Shot as a civvy is different to living there when you are in. It is strange, but you look on things differently.

Rushmoor Tourism Board :wink:
  15. selling fish and chip and piece of the black!!