Alcoholic Beverages and their Service Equivalents

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by deerhunter, Mar 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, this has prob been done before, but I was explaining my drinking strategy to a mate a little while ago, and attempted to explain what I was trying to achieve.

I have started drinking wine in preference to beer, because it is a higher alcohol content, gets to the point much earlier and, more importantly, does not require the same volume of liquid to be drunk to achieve the same effect. Wine, therefore is Mech Inf, if standard cooking lager is RLC (Pioneers). Similarly:

RAF Regt: Shandy Bass. Looks similar to what it's pretending to be, but completely off the mark, the preserve of wankers and wannabees.

Int Corps: Tequila Sunrise. Decorative and supposedly effective, but is it all it's cracked up to be?

HLI: Buckfast. Devastatingly effective, but very nasty.

AGC (ETS): Australian Chardonnay. Appears to be intellectual, but really pretty average origins.

AGC (SPS): Magners. Poncy, doesn't have the robustness of draught beer, favoured by girls.

Any more?

2. For Airborne_Aircrew. That first comparison was aimed straight at you, champ.

Bite please. :D

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Edited for boredom..

4. The Armoured Farmers would have to be Scrumpy. Not the shop bought variety but the lethal home brew variety.

Scots DG would have to be a malt whisky. Traditionally Scottish but devastatingly effective.

Teeny Tiny Airways (AAC) would have to be Babycham. I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to why.

Chally

5. AAC: Pimms No1, only ever seen if the sun is shining.

6. I like your thinking one-flew-over but I can see an inherant flaw in your logic. Pimms has now started to become socially acceptable, if not popular, amongst certain social groups as yet the blue tacks have not.

Chally

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RMP; Advocat.(horrid stuff!)

8. The hallowed 'bush - and a Green Place

9. RLC Chefs; - Asti Spumante, looks appealing when you first see it but is very disappointing and leaves a nasty tatse in your mouth,

Cavalry Officer - Champange - Reassuringly expensive with great heritage but upon sampling has no depth and a little dull.

Para's - Fosters - Hard to take to & Fecking tasteless

Female members of RLC, RE, Arty Et Al - Hoffmeister - Cheap and goes down easy.

APTC - Special Brew - Very strong and fcuks you up, but is liked by no-one

10. And Dark Rum and RMP - both make me sick!

11. Scottish inf regiments = grouse / bells whiskey/ buckfast for the jocks
    Scots DG = tallisker / single malt

12. 9/12L = Pripsen worm powder & milk. No one really likes it but is necessary now and again

13. RE - Top row. A little bit of everything, but not much of anything.

14. Edited because it's the right thing to do.

15. and not many people can handle it. :D :D :D :D